The public is invited to participate in a Board of Forestry teleconference meeting on Tuesday, March 17 from 8 a.m. to 4:20 p.m. to discuss statewide forestry issues.
The nine-member Board of Forestry advises the commissioner of the Department of Natural Resources (DNR) on forestry regulations, provides a forum for those interested in forestry to discuss and seek resolution to issues concerning Alaska’s forest resources, and makes recommendations to the Governor and Legislature on research needs.
· Annual resource agency and Board of Forestry reports on the effectiveness of the Forest Resources and Practices Act
· Results of 2019’s compliance monitoring
· Forestry and forest practices budgets and proposed legislation
· Statewide forest management issues including reports on Tongass Roadless Rule litigation, the Mental Health Trust land exchange, and Division of Forestry timber sales
· Presentations on fuel break projects and an alternative to forest certification
· Progress on board initiatives, including proposed and potential recreation/forestry partnerships near Fairbanks and Haines, and a project to quantify the benefits of and encourage restoration of stream connectivity on forestry roads
Other forestry matters may be included on the agenda. The meeting is intended to comply with the requirements of AS 41.17.047(b) and (d).
Public comment is scheduled for 10:45 a.m.
The Board of Forestry meeting will be accessible via both teleconference and webinar. Teleconference call-in locations will be available in:
- Juneau, at DNR’s fourth floor Conference Room A at 400 Willoughby Ave.
- Anchorage, at DNR’s offices at 550 W. Seventh Ave., Suite 1450
- Fairbanks, at DNR’s small conference room at 3700 Airport Way
Those outside of Anchorage, Fairbanks or Juneau seeking to participate in the teleconference should contact Alison Arians at the Division of Forestry in Anchorage at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 907-269-8467 no later than 12 p.m. on Monday, March 16. If no one has contacted her and no one is present at a teleconference site by 9 a.m., the teleconference at that site may be terminated.
For a copy of the agenda, go to http://forestry.alaska.gov/whatsnew.htm.
Contact Arians for additional information, for special accommodations due to audio or visual impairment, or to get on the mailing list for announcements of future Board of Forestry meetings.
Posted: Thu, 27 Feb. 2020
Expires: Sat, 28 Mar. 2020