The Local Paper is
Click here for this week's printed edition.
The free Ketchikan Classifieds has been provided as a community service for over 19 years. Thank you for your continued responsible use of this free service.
By using this service, you are accepting full responsibility for selecting your buyers, collecting your debt and managing your ad.
REMEMBER: Choose your CATEGORY & assign a PASSWORD to edit.
REPORT ABUSE: 617-9696
• Comments & opinions are NOT allowed & abuse of service
• NOT FREE for commercial advertising or website promotion.
• Abusers of "fair use" of this free service will be blocked.
TNF youth fishing events
The Tongass National Forest, partners and local volunteers are sponsoring youth fishing events throughout Southeast Alaska through the summer.
No experience is needed to participate in these events. It is a great way for children to learn how to fish or practice their fishing skills.
Event planners will provide a wealth of experience and knowledge to help the beginning angler get started.
Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian and all persons should bring proper footwear and clothing.
Ketchikan/Misty Fiords Ranger District Kids Fishing Derby
- Location: City Park, Ketchikan
- Time/Date: June 17, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Activities: fishing, lure making, fish printing
- Key Partners: Southern Southeast Regional Aquaculture Association and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information contact the KMRD at 907-225-2148
Prince of Wales Island Ranger Districts, Craig/Thorne Bay, 25th Annual Kids Fishing Day "Jim Beard Memorial" Event
- Location: Gravelly Creek Picnic Ground, USFS Thorne Bay Ranger District
- Time/Date: June 17, 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activities: Featuring many fun and educational outdoor summer fishing and safety related activities, booths, and demonstrations. Free BBQ and Cotton Candy at noon.
- Prizes/Special Guests: Check you registration bags for the golden fish tickets with fishing related prizes provided from our wonderful island "spawners"!
- Key Partners: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Prince of Wales Tribal Enterprise Consortium, Prince of Wales Watershed Association, Prince of Wales Health Network, Strictly Local Gallery.
- For more information contact the Brandy Prefontaine at 907-828-3217 or Ariel Cummings at 907-826-1602
Juneau Ranger District Family Fishing Day
- Location: Twin Lakes Park, Juneau
- Time/Date: June 3, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Activities: fishing and fish printing
- Key Partners: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Rotary Club
- For more information contact Barbara Adams at 907-789-6252
Hoonah Ranger District Annual Kids Fishing Derby
- Location: Hoonah, AK at the Icy Strait Point Cookhouse/Beach
- Time/Date: June 3, 11:00 a.m.to 2:00 p.m.
- Activities: Fishing derby and free family lunch provided by Hoonah Trading Company
- Prizes/Special Guests: Prizes awarded at 2:30 p.m. by age categories
- Key Partners: City of Hoonah Parks and Recreation
- For more information contact Robin Hasselquist at 907-945-1211
Sitka Ranger District Kids Fishing Day
- Location: Swan Lake, Sitka
- Time/Date: June 10, fishing starts at 9 a.m.
- Activities: Fishing, boating, recreation
- Prizes/Special Guests: Many prizes donated from local businesses and Sammy the Salmon will make an appearance
- Key Partners: Sitka Rotary Club and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information contact Joe Serio at 907-747-4283
Yakutat Ranger District Family Fishing Day
- Location: Yakutat small boat harbor
- Time/Date: July 15, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Activities: Fishing (rods provided), barbeque, casting contest, fish prints, and face painting
- Key Partners: City and Borough of Yakutat, Student Conservation Association, National Park Service, and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information contact Nate Catterson at 907-784-3999
Posted: Thu, 18 May. 2017
Expires: Mon, 17 Jul. 2017
Upholding Balance Exhibit
Join us for the first exhibit in the newly renovated temporary gallery at the Tongass Historical Museum,
Celebrating 40 Years of Native Arts Studies Program
opening tomorrow, Friday April 28th
with a free reception from 5 – 7 P.M.
Featured in April 28, 2016 - March 2017
Posted: Thu, 27 Apr. 2017
Expires: Sat, 27 May. 2017
Visit The Arts Calendar for a listing of almost everything happening in our community!
Posted: Wed, 19 Apr. 2017
Expires: Sun, 18 Jun. 2017
SitNews' Photos of the Month
Photo of the Month Photographers Receive $100.00
March 2017 Photo of the Month
Tongass Orca By SUSAN HOYT ©2017
February 2017 Photo of the Month
Golden Sunset By ALANNAH BERNIER FARLOW ©2017
January 2017 Photo of the Month
Mountain Point Octopus By NATALEE RIPLEY ©2017
December 2016 Photo of the Month
Lower Silvis Lake By MOLLY MURDOCK ©2016
November 2016 Photo of the Month
Deer Mountain Termination Dust By KAREN HORN ©2016
October 2016 Photo of the Month
Ready for Hibernation By CINDY BALZER ©2016
September 2016 Photo of the Month
Ketchikan Canoers By APRIL DIXON ©2016
August 2016 Photo of the Month
Buck Moon By CARL THOMPSON ©2016
View More PHOTOS OF THE MONTH
How to Post A Photo In the Classifieds: To add a photograph to your classified ad, you will first need to upload your photo either to your server or to one of the many Web sites offering free or paid space where you can upload.
Photobucket.com is one free photo uploading site with simple interfaces.
One you upload your photo to Photobucket , for example, it will display the URL of the photo you uploaded.
To display this photo in your ad, copy the URL and paste it in the image URL provided on the SitNews' ad post form. The photo will then be displayed with your ad. (A URL is the location/address on the web of your photo.)
You will have other options such as slideshow, flash embed which allows the use of several photographs. Please be sure your photo size setting is 500 pixel width or less.
photographs that appear in SitNews may be protected by copyright
and may not be reprinted or redistributed without written permission
from and payment of required fees to the proper sources.
E-mail your news &
photos to email@example.com
Photographers choosing to submit photographs for publication to SitNews are in doing so, granting their permission for publication and for archiving. SitNews does not sell photographs. All requests for purchasing a photograph will be emailed to the photographer.
ClicK Here for Weekly Specials