The Local Paper is
Click here for this week's printed edition.
The free Ketchikan Classifieds has been provided as a community service for over 19 years. Thank you for your continued responsible use of this free service.
By using this service, you are accepting full responsibility for selecting your buyers, collecting your debt and managing your ad.
REMEMBER: Choose your CATEGORY & assign a PASSWORD to edit.
REPORT ABUSE: 617-9696
• Comments & opinions are NOT allowed & abuse of service
• NOT FREE for commercial advertising or website promotion.
• Abusers of "fair use" of this free service will be blocked.
TNF Youth Fishing Events
The Tongass National Forest, partners and local volunteers are sponsoring free, youth fishing events throughout Southeast Alaska this summer. It is a great way for children to learn how to fish or practice their fishing skills. Event planners will provide a wealth of experience and knowledge to help the beginning angler get started. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, and all persons should bring proper footwear and clothing. No experience is needed to participate in these events.
Juneau Ranger District Family Fishing Day
- Location: Twin Lakes Park, Juneau
- Time/Date: June 2, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Activities: fishing and gyotaku (fish printing)
- Key Partners: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Rotary Club
- For more information, contact Marci Johnson at 907-789-6253
Hoonah Ranger District Annual Kids Fishing Derby
- Location: Hoonah, AK at the Icy Strait Point Cookhouse/Beach
- Time/Date: June 2, 11:00 a.m.to 3:00 p.m.
- Activities: Fishing derby and free family lunch provided by Hoonah Trading Company
- Prizes/Special Guests: Prizes awarded at 2:30 p.m. by age categories
- Key Partners: City of Hoonah Parks and Recreation
- For more information, contact Marlene Duvall at 907-945-1206
Ketchikan/Misty Fiords Ranger District Kids Fishing Derby
- Location: City Park, Ketchikan
- Time/Date: June 16, 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
- Activities: fishing, lure making, fish printing
- Key Partners: Southern Southeast Regional Aquaculture Association and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information, contact the KMRD at 907-225-2148
Petersburg Ranger District Kake Annual Fishing Derby
- Location: Kake Community Gym
- Time/Date: June 23, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Fish turned in by 1 p.m.
- Activities: fishing derby, lure making, macroinvertebrate identification, T-shirt fish prints, picnic lunch, and other related activities.
- Key Partners: City of Kake, Organized Village of Kake, Youth Conservation Corps (YCC), NSRRA, local organizations and businesses, and volunteers.
- For more information, contact Courtney Johnson at 907-772-5907, Eric Johnson at 907-772-5969 in Petersburg; or Amanda Davis in Kake at 907-209-2331
Prince of Wales Island Ranger Districts, Craig/Thorne Bay, 25th Annual Kids Fishing Day "Jim Beard Memorial" Event
- Location: Gravelly Creek Picnic Ground, USFS Thorne Bay Ranger District
- Time/Date: June 16, 9:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activities: Featuring many fun and educational outdoor summer fishing and safety related activities, booths, and demonstrations. Free BBQ and Cotton Candy at noon.
- Prizes: Door prizes and fish derby awards at 1:30.
- Key Partners: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Prince of Wales Tribal Enterprise Consortium, Prince of Wales Health Network.
- For more information, contact Mary Cook at 907-826-3271 orAri Cummings at 907-826-1602
Sitka Ranger District Kids Fishing Day
- Location: Swan Lake, Sitka
- Time/Date: June 9, fishing 9 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Prizes at 1 p.m.
- Activities: Fishing, boating, recreation
- Prizes/Special Guests: Many prizes donated from local businesses and Sammy the Salmon will make an appearance
- Key Partners: Sitka Rotary Club and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information, contact Joe Serio at 907-747-6671
Wrangell Ranger District, Pats Lake Family Fishing Day
- Location: Pats Lake, Wrangell
- Time/Date: June 23, 10:00 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Activities: Special youth regulations for fishing, fish prints, lure making, games, free lunch.
- Prizes/Special Guests: Door prizes drawn every half hour.
- Key Partners: Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Stikine Sportsmen Association, Wrangell Cooperative Association
- For more information, contact Corree Delabrue at 907-874-7550
Yakutat Ranger District Family Fishing Day
- Location: Yakutat small boat harbor
- Time/Date: June 30, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Activities: Fishing (rods provided), barbeque, casting contest, fish prints, and face painting
- Key Partners: City and Borough of Yakutat, Student Conservation Association, National Park Service, and Alaska Department of Fish and Game
- For more information, contact Nate Catterson or Lisa Byers at 907-784-3359
Posted: Fri, 1 Jun. 2018
Expires: Sun, 1 Jul. 2018
Nature Walk Series
UAS Ketchikan Summer Nature Walk Series
UAS Ketchikan is offering a free summer series consisting of an introductory presentation followed by a series of summer nature walks with UAS Ketchikan instructor, Barbara Morgan.
This presentation will be held on June 12, 2018, from 5:00p-6:30p at the UAS Ketchikan Campus Library at 2600 7th Avenue and will focus on plants and beach life around Ketchikan. The presentation is free and open to the public.
The walks will be as follows:
June 16, 9:00a – Beach Walk
July 21, 10:00a – Forest Walk
August 11, 10:00a – Forest & Muskeg Walk
The walks are free, but there is a limit of 15 people per walk and pre-registration is required. Call 228-4511 to pre-register and for further information. People can attend one or all of the events in the series.
This material is based upon work that is supported by the National Institute of Food and Agriculture, U.S. Department of Agriculture, under award number 2014-02378.
Posted: Fri, 18 May. 2018
Expires: Thu, 16 Aug. 2018
Posted: Mon, 7 May. 2018
Expires: Sun, 5 Aug. 2018
SitNews' Photos of the Month
Photo of the Month Photographers Receive $100.00
MARCH 2018 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Blue Moon Rises By STEVE SPEIGHTS ©2018
FEBRUARY 2018 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Sea Slug By WHITNEY CRITTENDEN ©2018
JANUARY 2018 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Unuk River BY GREG BLACK ©2018
DECEMBER 2017 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Tracks in the Snow By AUTUMN HASIBAR ©2017
NOVEMBER 2017 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
PYGMY-OWL By JAMES (JIM) LEWIS ©2017
OCTOBER 2017 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Ketchikan's Northern Lights By KENNON CALIWANAGAN ©2017
SEPTEMBER 2017 PHOTO OF THE MONTH
Aurora Borealis By GAGE HEATH ©2017
August 2017 Photo of the Month
Close Encounter By KEN ARRIOLA ©2017
July 2017 Photo of the Month
Ketchikan: 4th of July By KENNON CALIWANAGAN ©2017
June 2017 Photo of the Month
Close Encounters of the Bear Kind By DENNIS SUCH ©2017
May 2017 Photo of the Month
Herring Cove: Black Bear By CINDY BALZER ©2017
April 2017 Photo of the Month
Porpoising By CINDY BALZER ©2017
March 2017 Photo of the Month
Tongass Orca By SUSAN HOYT ©2017
February 2017 Photo of the Month
Golden Sunset By ALANNAH BERNIER FARLOW ©2017
January 2017 Photo of the Month
Mountain Point Octopus By NATALEE RIPLEY ©2017
December 2016 Photo of the Month
Lower Silvis Lake By MOLLY MURDOCK ©2016
November 2016 Photo of the Month
Deer Mountain Termination Dust By KAREN HORN ©2016
October 2016 Photo of the Month
Ready for Hibernation By CINDY BALZER ©2016
September 2016 Photo of the Month
Ketchikan Canoers By APRIL DIXON ©2016
August 2016 Photo of the Month
Buck Moon By CARL THOMPSON ©2016
View More PHOTOS OF THE MONTH
How to Post A Photo In the Classifieds: To add a photograph to your classified ad, you will first need to upload your photo either to your server or to one of the many Web sites offering free or paid space where you can upload.
Photobucket.com is one free photo uploading site with simple interfaces.
One you upload your photo to Photobucket , for example, it will display the URL of the photo you uploaded.
To display this photo in your ad, copy the URL and paste it in the image URL provided on the SitNews' ad post form. The photo will then be displayed with your ad. (A URL is the location/address on the web of your photo.)
You will have other options such as slideshow, flash embed which allows the use of several photographs. Please be sure your photo size setting is 500 pixel width or less.
photographs that appear in SitNews may be protected by copyright
and may not be reprinted or redistributed without written permission
from and payment of required fees to the proper sources.
E-mail your news &
photos to email@example.com
Photographers choosing to submit photographs for publication to SitNews are in doing so, granting their permission for publication and for archiving. SitNews does not sell photographs. All requests for purchasing a photograph will be emailed to the photographer.
ClicK Here for Weekly Specials