General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
XM Weather in the Cockpit

Has anyone gotten the XM weather option installed in their plane yet? What do you think of it? Who is installing it for the best price? How quick is it returning requests for radar? Does it loop the images? Any other input? Thanks in advance for your kind replies.

Re: XM Weather in the Cockpit

I have not seen it yet. But there is a good chance I am going to see someone who has it within next two weeks. I will let you know as soon as I know more about it.

I am picking up a Cirrus in two weeks that has one of these...Any preliminary reports would be helpful! I'll give a Pirep when I return...

Kevin

I flew a 2004 SR22 GTS last Saturday. It had the XM weather option, that's what you get with the GTS model plus a lot more. The weather worked great, the return were very fast, even the view on the MFD showed the airport in either green, yellow or red, i believe to indicate VFR, MVFR, IFR. metars were alittle old and no TAFs were available. I think I will buy it, BTW the approach plates were installed but were not working, something about the subscription being expired and then they wont work. The plane itself was awesome, a lot more power than my 20 and the PFD was extremely user friendly. It had the altitude preselect button on it and we flew a coupled ILS down to minimums and went missed and returned to our Apt and flew a GPS approach using vectors and lots of input from ATC headings, altitudes, etc and it flew us right to minimums, its really amazing.BTW, I like this forum alot for ease of use and friendliness, I hope others will start posting here.