Return to Website

PEACEFUL MOMENTS

WELCOME!!! 

This message board is for anyone who is suffering from a debilitating disease, or suffering from depression, or in need of support for whatever it is in your life that has brought you to this forum.

Please start by leaving a comment introducing yourself. You can start any discussions that you want as long as they are appropriate.
The html settings are on so you can include code to leave an image that is positive or has meaning or that may cheer someone up.

You are also welcome to share quotes, poems, and such that you find are uplifting, inspiring and positive.
Also any medical articles that you think would be helpful to others...please feel free to leave a link to the article or copy and paste it to the appropriate place in the forum.
If you have found ways to deal with certain issues regarding your health..(hints and tips) please feel free to share them here with others.

*Also PLEASE familiarize yourself with the few but important rules of this forum. Anyone who is found to "break" the rules will be banned from the forum*
Sorry to sound Harsh...but this is a place to start some healing, receive some support and make friends...No Drama Allowed!!

PEACEFUL MOMENTS
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
INTRODUCE YOURSELF

My name is Ellie and I hail from the sunshine state. I started this forum because I felt so alone in dealing with many medical issues especially severe chronic depression. I searched everywhere for a place I would feel comfortable and find support...but nothing really fit me.
So I decided to start my own forum and see where this leads. A short version of my story is in a job I had with the state I was exposed for over 6 years to black mold. To make a long story short of course I sued...because the state refused to do anything about the black mold. As a result of the exposure I have been diagnosed with COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). The black mold caused severe damage to my lungs and I was told that the only thing the doctors can do is maintain me...but I will progressively get worse...I have no idea how much time I have left but I am trying to make it count for something. As a result of years of medications and being on oxygen and constantly using a nebulizer...it has restricted my life outside of my house and I have become Anthropophobia (huge fear of people and society), I suffer from severe panic/anxiety attacks, and all this has led to me becoming very depressed. So I am searching for answers and a way to go on. I look forward to meeting new friends...and learning new things. My puter is my connection to the outside world....so I am always around!!!
PEACE!!!

Website URL: http://hometown.aol.com/Jibaro6543/ourplace.html

Re: INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Ellie, I just read your story and hope this site brings you joy and comfort and maybe some answers. I know of you from the ATC site. Will be in touch and keep you in my prayers

katie

Hi my name is Anke and I'm from Germany! Right now I'm feeling ok, but I had tough times before. I sure want to support Ellie with her website and will peek in once in a while to see what's going on!

Have a nice day, Anke :)

Website URL: www.geocities.com/ankemartin

Hi,
My name is Elsie, I just found this site through one of my groups, I will remember you Ellie in my prayers, I just think I have problems till I look around me.
I am depressed but it is ok, it is over the job that I had went out of business, so no more paychecks scares me, since I am paying for a house.
I am 50 years old, widowed since 1993, lost my hubby due to COPD He retired from the AirForce, there he was stationed in Greenland, it was so cold that it damaged his lungs, it from there only got worse, he passed at 57. He was 20 years older then me, but a wonderful husband............