Return to Website

The dB's Messageboard

The dB's Online Message Board is somewhat unmediated. Be nice. Your messages are welcome, but there are no promises that they will reach or be replied to by members of the band. Your suggestions for features are also welcome and will be considered for future inclusion. We request that you not post personal information, including email addresses, about anyone besides yourself without that person's permission. Don't forget to be funny.

The dB's Messageboard
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

Many of us dBs fans are old "Sea Divers" as well. Ok Peter, how about "Drive-In Sister" for a cover on the next tour? Wouldn't you love to hear Will play the drum intro? :)

Roll away the stone y'all...steve

Re: Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

Actually, I'd like to see them cover "I Wish I Was Your Mother", a song that's just begging for a reinterpretation.

Re: Re: Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

Great choice, though Alejandro Escovedo seems to "own" that song these days. He's been doing an outstanding version of it in his shows for like ten years now, and Mr. Hunter himself has even performed his song with Al.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Actually, I'd like to see them cover "I Wish I Was Your Mother", a song that's just begging for a reinterpretation.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

dramarama covers "i wish i was your mother"on their "stuck in wonderamaland" collection...george

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

Indeed they do! I'm a big Dramarama fan myself and am happy to say that they've reformed and have just released a new album called Everybody Dies, and it's one of the strongest records they've ever made. Very solid American rock.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

dramarama covers "i wish i was your mother"on their "stuck in wonderamaland" collection...george

meanwhile...

anyone got a copy of "England Rocks" that they could make mp3 friendly for me, so that my life will not go on undernourished for this song? I certainly don't like to beg, but you folks here seem to have a good line on the obscure songs. IN FACT, if people were interested in helping me find a couple songs, here's my want list:

"Let's Get Lost on a Country Road" - Kit Kats (on Jamie)
"Pray for Rosemary's Baby" - Chuck Stephens
"Well, Oh Well" - NNB
"England Rocks" - Ian Hunter
Any Christopher Milk stuff

It's pretty small, but maybe some of you all have some of this. (Pray for Rosemary's Baby is this weird single that I came across years ago while working at Musical Maze in Manhattan. It's a disco song that describes a baby going down the bathtub drain--perhaps an answer to "A Mother's Lament" from Disraeli Gears?--and getting hit by other apartment tenants' castaway Chinese dinner among other indignities. It has to be heard to be believed.)

Much thanks,
Peter

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Peter's question on Ian Hunter's website

OK, now I have to look at my copy of Wonderamaland again. I know they would always throw a cover on each album, just like the latest.

Biography | Discography | Scrapbook | Multimedia
Message Board | Links | Store | Home

© 2001 The dB's
ThedBs@ThedBsOnline.net
Site Design by Exploded View