WORKING DOGS OF THE SOUTH DISCUSSION

WE HAVE MOVED TO A NEW BOARD!!

http://members.boardhost.com/wdofthesouth/

WORKING DOGS OF THE SOUTH DISCUSSION
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ASR in North Carolina....

If you are in North Carolina or Northern South Carolina and are interested in ASR to compete, or just see what it's about then contact me via email. I will be moving back to North Carolina in February and I plan to host ASR trials and seminars there. I will be located in Fayetteville, but we will also, be training out of Willmington. If you are interested in ASR but live in another NC location in NC that is fine still please email me, so we can set up a network of ASR trainers throughout NC. I like to "lean forward" and with enough intrest, if I know what I'm looking at I can start looking toward a date to ask the BoD's for a seminar and decoy cert. If you would like to buy some quality ASR videos to get a view of ASR go to http://www.dogman.us/ These tapes are professionally edited. Let me recommend the May 2003 trial tape, it has all levels.

Type of dogs owned: Malinuts

Re: ASR in North Carolina....

Chris~
Per our conversation and this post, we are passing the word and have some lining up already. North Carolina needs ASR, they just don't know it yet. LOL.

To anyone else~
Chris is very serious and committed to bringing ASR to the tarheel state. So come on, get on board and experience the difference between practicality and choreography. ~Justin

Type of dogs owned: Working Malinois

Also, If your in driving distance to Augusta, GA Matt Hammond and crew from Quality K-9 Concepts are also training ASR.

If you are near Jacksonville, FL shoot me an email and I'll get you in contact with some ASR folks. If you are further south in Florida, there are also a few other folks training ASR, I would be happy to hook you up with them also.

If you are in South Texas, anywhere near McAllen, TX, contact Carlos Gomez, who has competed and has an ASR-2 dog.

Man who needs a "links" page on the ASR site when we have are good buddy Chris Hey Scott I think Chris is jocking for your job...........

Type of dogs owned: Mals

Hey just getting the word out there you know. I want to hit NC ready for some training, instead of trying to set up shop then, If possible.

Re: ASR in North America

Hey Chris,
Has there been interest in ASR in the Midwest?? Like Illinois, Michigan, Ohio, Indiana to name a few states??

I am planning on going to Carlos in Tx when I go visit some family in Texas and Mexico. I thought I would bring a couple of dogs with me. I can only do the Reunion thing for so long before I have to go and be with my dogs. So I am hoping to spend more time with Carlos and take his insight on ASR with me.

Oh and we are getting a new email addy starting in a week or so, I will post it on our site and after my signature so to inform people that it is changing relatively soon.

Leo Hinojosa

Type of dogs owned: Belgian Malinois

Leo
Yeah, actually Paula Lind (PSA lady) is intrested in ASR. She is up in Illiois I believe and has just recently been asking me alot of questions as of a few days ago. She's somewhere up there in the Midwest. You guys ought to combine powers that be up there. Alot of dog people in the midwest. When I was advertising for my trial, there was TONS of intrest from the midwest, all wanting to know if I knew of any trials coming that way.

yo chris,
my brother lives in CLAYTON,NC.,hopefully at least he'll be able to support any trial activity as a spectator...we do co-own a male GSD(RIGGO VOM OST SEE)that lives with my brother and family...i hope i can get him intrested(23yr.retired uscg bosn's mate)we've been looking for a way to possibly get RIGGO titled.i may be able to make it to georgia in december,but that will be my 55 th. birthday...i'll be expecting the "senior citizen's rate if i enter.

Type of dogs owned: gsd

I live in Winston Salem and would be interested in a ASR club around here, closer than Fayetteville.

Type of dogs owned: GSD and Mal

Chris, I would love to see ASR come to NC particularly western NC. It's big state from east to west. I am the K9 trainer for the Shelby Police Dept in Western NC. I'm ready to get my own dog and get going. I would appreciate any leads on some good working mal or dutchie litters if you know of any.

Type of dogs owned: Germans shepherds, malinois, rottweilers, JRT's

Howard how far west is shelby. we have been thinking of pulling stakes and moving to Western NC or Tenn.

Keith Earle

Type of dogs owned: Mals ,GSDs

Shelby is situated in the foothills. Nice rolling country between Asheville and Charlotte. I'm a Pa. transplant but have been here for over 20 years.

Type of dogs owned: Germans shepherds, malinois, rottweilers, JRT's