Return to Website

allthingsmusic

Although this site is for UK Musicians, Bands, Vocalists, Entertainers etc. The Forum is an open area for our International visitors or anything Music and Entertainment related....please enjoy.

allthingsmusic
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attempted Fraud

Ihave been approached by someone else using same theme. As you can see the way it is written made alarm bells ring.

Subject: Contact via www.allthingsmusic.co.uk
Date: 08/24/2005 03:43:43 GMT Daylight Time
Reply To:
To: Paddawack2@aol.com, Paddawack2@aol.com
CC:
BCC:
Sent on:

Hello,

My name is Amos Gray ,I reside in Kent, and am writting to make enquiry on how much it will cost me if you are to be my entertainer artist on my wedding which will take place on the 21th of November, 2005 in my house compound at

7, The Covert,
Vigo, Gravesend,
Kent. DA13 0SY.

...and i will want you to full package price to entertain the day, I will be needing you for 4 hours performance ,Don't worry about the accomodation, Let me have the total of your service charge and the flight fare that is if you are out in my state and i'm expecting to see about (100 guests). Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Amos Gray.

www.allthingsmusic.co.uk
--- All Things Music, The UK's Largest FREE Music Resource Directory

B AWARE!!!!!!!!!

Country UK

Re: Attempted Fraud

And here's another for our collection!

Hello ,
Good day To you,My name is Mr Bung Klew.I'm a having wedding to be held on the 12-04-2005(Sunday),which i need a Entertainar to make the day moore exited to me,so now i'll be very much okay if you can kindly Listing to this as follow,
The I'll Prefer you Perform your service only in reception,
And To let you Know the number guest invited is 100.
Also you are to Perform your service from 2pm-4pm,that is two hours service,
So now i want you to let me know the total amount for your service so that we can discuss concerning mode of payment.Moreover The Reception will be held at my Recident which i'll like you to perform at the reception,So this is my address Here In London,

12 Cadogan Gardens,
London, SW3 2RP
United Kingdom.
I'll be Looking Forward to hear from you as soon as you got my Enquiry.Thanks for your Cp-operation.
Chears,
Bung Klew.

Country England

Re: Re: Attempted Fraud

I am a musician listed on this site and have been approached by two scammers including Bung Klew - they will sent you a cheque for more than the gig is worth; in my case £3,000. I banked this and it will clear today - I have spoken to my bank and I am off to transfer this money into an ISA fund (bank's suggestion by the way) until either the bank or police want the stolen money back - they will get it back less the interest I have earned over the next few months.

Re: Re: Re: Attempted Fraud

Well - interesting as it seems I've had a few through atm and I'm about ready to ask to be removed from the database - here is the latest:

Hello, My name is lemmer faith ,i reside in Cheshire and am writting to make enquiry on how much it will cost me if you are to entertain my guests on my wedding which will take place on the 15th of apriy, 2006 at Disley Baptist Church, Buxton Road,Disley, STOCKPORT,Cheshire, SK12 2HA. And the reception will be at: Ye Olde Vicarage Cranage, Holmes Chapel Cheshire CW4 8EF ..am expecting to see about 90 people, and i will want your band to come and entertain my guest at the reception.I want you toget back to me with your prices and packages, I will be needing you for 4 hours and it will begin from 2pm to 5pm. Hope to hear from you soon. Best regards,
.lemmer faith

- and after telling him £600 for 3 hours, here is his reply:

Thanks for the mail and I'm very greatful you are available for the day...I'm okay with the price and I am going to instruct my wedding planner to send you the cheque of payment in full for £2800,and when the cheque arrive you will deduct your price package £600 and send the remaining to the Magazine Company that will cover for the day... i believe there would be no problem with that. Let me have this details as follows and the booking form will get to you soon so that the payment can be sent.

Full Name:....................................

Full Address:.................................

Telephone Number:............................

Hope to read from you soon.

Best Regards.
lemmerf aith .

I've went through the web-site and i've fiiled the form...get back to me asap.

Shame I've done my homework and checked out the venue - booked but not by a scammer!

Leigh...

Country UK

Re: Re: Re: Re: Attempted Fraud

We are very sorry that people registered with atm are getting these scams but unfortunately there is nothing we can do to stop these idiots except report their activities to the police.

It's not just a problem for allthingsmusic it is also effecting many other sites as well, we at the end of the day are just trying to help promote the bands and muzos (we don't get paid for this).

If we all use a little common sense when dealing with these enquiries there should not be a problem.

Always insist on a contact phone number....that usually scares off the scammers.
Best Regards
Kevin.

Country UK