Return to Website

MLG Prophets Forum

Welcome to the MLG Prophets forum.  Talk about anything you would like.  If you have any questions email tennessee731@cox.net.  Thanks.

MLG Prophets Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Story of an up and coming Pro Halo player

After being put out of the MLG LA FFA Round 2 I was left wandering what could have been. This was my one chance of proving something, and I wasnt able to get it done. During the first round of the FFA I was able to pull of a 2nd place finish just behind WaldoX, who finished in 1st. With each round the competition more than elevates, it jumps drastically between each round. Next up was Round 2, and there were alot of really good players in the pool. This would become my downfall and my early exit to an accomplistment I didnt yet achive. It was due largely to the fact of not ever playing split screen, and oh yeah 36 assists doesnt help much either. To name off some of the people in my pool they were Detach, Waldox, Demonic Wraith, Foxy, and three others, with Detach winning the round. I was beaten mainly by myself, not by the opposition. I had a Killtacular in the beginning half of the game and kept position in the top 3 the entire first half of the round. During the last half I just couldnt seem to finish any kills, which showed with my 36 assists. I am using this experience as a stepping stone for the next event. And if I had to give three pieces of advice to anyone about to attend their first MLG Tourney I would say:

1. Place your expectations on a realistic level.

I am not saying go in thinking you are going to lose, but realize that this is the best Halo players in the world, and this is your first time to attend an MLG Event. You have to crawl before you can walk. Set goals like 'top 50%' or 'third round', and be happy if you reach those goals, and use them as a launching pad for the future.

2. Practice split screen.

This was the biggest thing to adjust for myself. If you never play split screen, and get used to playing from the EXACT same spot with the EXACT same conditions then any change in that at all will hurt you. I would suggest that 30 days before the tourney start playing split screen and get used to it.

3. Get your teamwork to function like clockwork.

I cannot count how many times that I have heard someone say this, but there is a reason. It WILL win games. By knowing each of your teammates and their styles of play then you know what to expect. You should all know what to do with every situation you are presented with. This will be the biggest key to victory.

I hope this helps any MLG virgins and lets you have a bit of an edge. Knowledge is power and you have to want it to get it. If you have any questions just hit me up!

XBL GT: Tennessee731
AIM: zerohero731

http://www.llprophetsll.net

oh, and I thought this would be nice to see...(Detach, this is what LA would have been with full screen, but props to you cause you did win)

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=339355369&player=tennessee731