Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best way setting up RAID 1

First of all thanks for a great software :)

I have two IDE 80 GB hardrives, first one has some files and the second one is empty. Both NTSF
Now I want to mirror the first one, what is the best way doing this?
I tried converting the first disk(with files) to a dynamic disk and it became 'unreadable'. Thanks to DIY I got my files back :)
Isn't there any working way setting up RAID in windows XP? Can diskpatch help me in any way?.
I don't want to make a "one time" clone. Mirror RAID 1.

Thank you :) / Johan Walfridson - Sweden

Product you are using: Diskpatch, Irecover

Operating system / Service Pack: Windows XP Pro sp 2

Size of subject harddisk: 80GB IDE NTFS

Re: Best way setting up RAID 1

Hello,

I am sorry, but that's something we can not really help you with. I have done this in the past (converting a basic disk to dynamic to be able to mirror it) and that worked.

DiskPatch can help you make the conversion safer. Simply use the disk layout backup feature prior to the conversion (or upgrade or whatever MS decided to call it). Then do the conversion/upgrade. If there are any signs of trouble after that, simply restore the disk layout backup with DiskPatch. This I did test numerous times, and always have I been able to revert a dynamic disk back to basic using DiskPatch to restore my disk layout backup.

This isn't XP, but it pretty much works the same way:
http://www.informit.com/articles/article.asp?p=21481&seqNum=3

--
Kind regards,
Joep

Size of subject harddisk: Haarlem - Netherlands - Europe