Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ran the demo to recover and nothing happened

My external HD appears to be working, but according the the manufacture, there is corrupt data. I cannnot access the drive, and it wants me to format, which will involve lossing all 2+GB of files on board. When I ran your demo of this product of the external drive, nothing happened. Does That mean if I purchase the full version that it also may not work?
The demo worked on my (non corrupt) C drive ok.
Thanks,
Glenn

Product you are using: irecover

Operating system / Service Pack: XP pro

Size of subject harddisk: 250GB

Re: Ran the demo to recover and nothing happened

Hello,

iRecover can not access external drives such as USB or firewire, so if it doesn't work now it's not going to work in the full version (the demo allows you to recover 1 folder). If you wish to recover/copy data that you can not access normally from the disk, you could remove it from it's case and connect it to the IDE port of the PC, if possible. If the disk has bad sectors that is a clever way to go anyway, you can then clone the disk first and try to recover from the clone (depending on how important the data is).

Regards,
Tom