Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
files show fine but to not copy usable

Hey I have a 250gig HD it only has about 60gig of files on it. all the files are photos this drive is only two months old and i think the fat tables are messed up it will not let me in the drive at all. i downloaded your trial version and it took about 5 hours it should all folders and files with correct size. so i bought full verision i had saved the scan in trial version so i did not have to repeat. when i brought it up every thing looked fine i recovered one folder that should be 4gig in size the recoverd folder was less then 7meg in size and showed all sub folders and file names but none of the pictures was full size or readable. Please help!

thanks, Blake

Product you are using: iRecovery 1.1.7

Operating system / Service Pack: xp

Size of subject harddisk: 250 gig

Re: files show fine but to not copy usable

Hello,

Since this is a 250 Gb disk you first need to install SP2. Even if only 60 Gb worth of files is present, they's no way telling for sure all those files are within the first 128 Gb of the disk UNLESS they're all in one partition that does not exceed 128 Gb. Not 128 Gb in size, but that does not cross 128 Gb from the start of the physical disk!

Then, rather than loading the statefile stage 4, load stage 3.

--
Kind regards,
Joep