Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Diskpatch exits with error code 5

Hello,

I have the following problem:A virus (mydoom) attacked my harddisk. When doing a virus scan, the computer shut down, and after the reboot I recognized that its partition table and MBR has been lost and I couldn't access to my drive at all. I tried several recovery tools, one of them could build the table and fix the boot sector but neither of them could write any changes to the disk. I tried Diskpatch 2.1 with no success (couldn't find any disk) then used 1.0 demo, but exited just after the execution with the following:
"Error 5 at pgm-ctr 278351"

------------------------------
harddrive: maxtor 40GB 4k040H2
Bios: Award Modular Bios v6.00PGN, BIOS-2M(2K000725A)
07/25/2000-8363-686A-6A6LMPR9C-00

I disabled virus protection in the bios, furthermore
set Gate A20 to normal and tried the HDD access mode setting to LBA,CHS but neither of them worked..

Is there any chance to repair the harddisk? If so, how? What does this error code means?
Thanks for any help in advance,
Balage

Product you are using: diskpatch 1.0 demo

Operating system / Service Pack: XP/SP2

Size of subject harddisk: 40GB Maxtor

Re: Diskpatch exits with error code 5

Hello,

If DiskPatch 2 doesn't find a disk there's a problem with the disk or in the BIOS. Make sure the BIOS identifies the disk correctly, and make sure the disk itself is okay (from a hardware point of view). For the BIOS, setting the disk detection to auto should almost always correctly identify the disk.

Regards,
Tom