Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lost second partition after converting to basic!

I needed to convert Disk 0 (Drive C and D) back to basic. I used the DiskPatch program to do this, but after it booted Drive C was accessable and basic but drive D was not accessable!

What can I do to fix this???

Product you are using: DiskPatch

Operating system / Service Pack: Windows server 2003

Size of subject harddisk: 128 GB

Re: Lost second partition after converting to basic!

Hello,

DiskPatch can be used to recover partitions and volumes from basic and dynamic disks (to dynamic disks *limitations* as described in the user guide apply). By no means we advertise DiskPatch as a Dynamic to Basic disk converter.

So, if you had a dynamic disk there then you must approach this, on your own risk, as a data loss situation. This would mean, that as decribed in the user guide (for DiskPatch 2) you select *all* volumes you want to be present after recovery.

So, since DiskPatch isn't a dyamic > basic disk converter, and you hardly give us any information on how you proceeded, and you didn't include the LOGFILE there isn't much I can advise at this point.

So please be more detailed on what it is you did, if the logfile of the operation was kept sent that, and if not create a DiskPatch logfile as described in the top sticky post.

--
Kind regards,
Joep