Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How long should I have to wait for my interim key / code?

Hi,

It's an hour since my purchase was confirmed, and no sight of any email, with or without an interim release code / product key.

ISTR from the purchase confirmation page that it should be with me in a matter of minutes rather than hours.

How long do people usually have to wait, and is there a process for requesting a hurry-up / reissue or whatever?

Cheers,

Harry

Product you are using: Diskpatch

Operating system / Service Pack: 98SE

Size of subject harddisk: 160 gb

Re: How long should I have to wait for my interim key / code?

Hello Harry,

Yes. I can see you tried to purchase via RegNow and I can see the status of the order is 'held'. Normally, an order is approved automatically and immediately, you should have the emails within minutes.

However, based on factors unknown to us, 'the system' may decide to hold an order and flag it for manual inspection, the goal being fraud prevention. So, now a RegNow staff member will verify the order. Sometimes they even will call the person that is about to be billed to actually confirm it was this person who ordered.

We can not speed this up, however, normally this takes them an hour up to a few hours or so. Since you officially make a purchase at RegNow, I can not speed this up, I can not simply approve the order and I can not even cancel it.

--
Kind regards,
Joep

But you have contacted Reg Now and asked them to hurry it up, I assume?

Harry

"We can not speed this up, however, normally this takes them an hour up to a few hours or so. Since you officially make a purchase at RegNow, I can not speed this up, I can not simply approve the order and I can not even cancel it."

If you really must pursue this further instead of waiting it out, you should contact regnow; we have no influence on this whatsoever.

Tom

OK. I'm not challenging the contractual / legal rules here. I simply hoped you would ASK Reg Now if they could do anything. As in, a polite request, an attempt simply to draw the matter to their attention in the hope that if good will and the opportunity are present, it might get done today, rather than having to wait indefinitely.

'If I must'???? Are you really implying that, in a time pressured situation such as you acknowledge data recovery to be, I should just wait an indefinite period in the hope that maybe somebody might be gracious enough to finally supply what I paid for????

Hello,

IMO this is not about legalities. But the simple fact is that there's not much we can do to speed this up.

It is not uncommon, that if we have questions for RegNow that we can not resolve using online information FAQ's, we have to wait for a day or so before we receive an answer. And if I would call, I would get someone on the phone who has nothing to do with processing orders.

Again, I have never seen it take more than few hours for them to verify an order, they have staff on duty around the clock, 7 days a week.

And yes, I do understand that data recovery software is often purchased online so one get going as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, credit card fraud is a reality and RegNow has procedures in place to prevent fraud. Those procedures are not publiccally known (for obvious reasons).

Please also check your mail - I have replied to your email as well with a solution I hope we all can live with.

The link to check the status of an order placed via our online shop is https://www.regnow.com/order_lookup.html

I will add this link to our website.

--
Kind regards,
Joep