Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cannot change file copy options

Hi, when I try and change the filters for retrieving files the recovered folders it doesn't allow me to make any changes. I right click and select Add Item and nothing happens like I would expect. WHat it actually does is add a blank item into the exceptions list. I want to try and recover a particular type of file (as per the manual that says I can) but the app doesn't seem to work properly.
Ideas please?
Thanks

Product you are using: iRecover

Re: Cannot change file copy options

Hello,

Just edit (click on it) the existing include filter (*), and change it to the specific file type you want to find (so for example *.doc). You do not need to edit the exclude filter.

--
Joep

Hi again.
It's still not working. I just tried changing the include filter to *.wpd and then selected all the recovered folders and did a copy. it went ahead and copied EVERY file. Looks like a bug.
Also, whenever I add an item it goes into the exclusions list only, even when I'm looking at the inclusions when I do it. Another bug I think.
Don't want to be a pain, but I just want to get the right files out without all the other stuff that is reporting files up to 800Mb that are junk.
Any help would be appreciated.
I've also sent in the extra log you asked about.
Hope you can help.

Thanks again

Kevin

Hello,

Yes, I am aware of the fact that there problems in the filter options.

If I do:

select ALL files > options > check 'automatically deselect all hidden itmes ...' > goto include TAB and there set *.exe > close options > copy files > only exe's are copied.

Is that what you're doing as well?

--
Kind regards,
Joep

OK, that works. If you do it exactly as you specified it works. It's a bit disconcerting because after the filters are applied all the ticks disappear from the folders that were previously selected.
Thanks very much!

Kevin