Home | Download | Purchase | Support

DIY DataRecovery.nl

Logfile too large to paste into your forum message?

SUBMIT LOGFILE HERE
Welcome to the DIY DataRecovery Support Forum!

The Forum is monitored working days from 9.00 AM - 5.00 PM (Central European Time).

IMPORTANT! This forum is no longer monitored and is read-only. Visit our new forum!

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is there any hope for me? :(

Hi guys.

When I set up my new pc a few weeks ago I didn't have a floppy on hand to install nvidia's SATA/Raid drivers (I've got a nForce4 board). Anyway, today I (seemingly unfortunately) decided to install them retrospectively.

I downloaded the relevant drivers through Gigabyte's site and installed them. Upon rebooting the screen simply went black at the point when Windows should have loaded. I thought it may have been something to do with the RAID part of the drivers, and the fact that I had it disabled in the BIOS. So I turned it on but then the only way I could have my SATA drive 'seen' with RAID enabled was if it was part of an array. So I set up a JBOD array (I didn't think this would overwrite anything), I said 'no, don't erase', but I'm pretty sure it overwrote my partition table. When rebooting I'd get the 'boot.ini not found, windowssystem32 not found" error. So I tried the recovery console as it suggested (fix...) but I may have caused even more harm :(.

Anyway, what I really want to know is:
1)is there anyway to get my partition table back?
2)If not, is there any chance of me successfully 'undeleting' the files? The only ones that really matter are some personal photos that I hadn't had the chance to burn yet.

Definitely live and learn... all essentially burning happens befor any changes get made to the hard drive ;).

Thanks...

Operating system / Service Pack: XP SP2

Size of subject harddisk: 250GB