Return to Website

Just a Minute Inspirational E-mails - Have a say

Discuss topics or questions contained within our Inspirational E-mails

Just a Minute Inspirational E-mails - Have a say
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
State of the heart today

These last few weeks have seen many changes - in people, what they do - what they think. Many are still in different stages of shock and all need our prayers.

A friend of mine had a dream a couple of wks prior to the attack and wondered what it meant. It was two large rocks or boulders coming out of the sky that hit something and caused darkness to fall and there were angels all around. There was more that I do not recall. I was too sick at the time to reply to her request for translation. A week later, she needed none.

I believe that like with Job, God allowed the hedge of protection to be removed from around this ungodly, materialistic nation for a variety of reasons; not the least of which is to further separate the wheat from the chaff. I further believe this action was held back for a bit to give more time for repentance to come about in this country. Sooner or later, those calling themselves Christians must take a strong stand for truth, as our example Christ did and admonished those who were his to do so likewise. Noted is the fact that "Christians" who are against killing the perpetrators of this and other acts against us are now being called "pacifists". I truly believe that unless things change drastically in this country in the next few yrs, those who take a strong stand for Christ will be called traitors and tried as such - jailed or killed. At this time tho, this ugly, evil world needs to see and understand just who is the real God of creation and who His Son is. We must let our lights burn brightly for all to see. No more fence sitting for us. The evil of mankind caused the problem, but God allowed it to happen - after all, He has the power to do or not to do any/every thing. He has given us many blessings and we have spent the past few decades not only squandering what He has provided to us while hogging it all for ourselves, but turning from our first love of Him to idol worship - which we have gone back to, to some extent, after being told to get back to business as usual. This is very sad indeed.

I too mourn for all those lost and for those left behind. My first reaction as I read the news after arriving at work at 7 on that fateful morning (here in L.A.) was to call out to God and start praying. I thought about all the evil that exists in this world; in this country: the idolatry, the gathering of treasures here on earth rather than in heaven. Evil exists for a few reasons beyond Adam and Eve: it is used for contrast - to see the difference between truth and deceit. It is a negative measure or standard: the more we hide the words of the Lord in our heart, the more lie and deceit are made visible. Evil helps us to mature in Christ: without the occasional problem in our life, we would ride along on easy street, become stagnant in our growth and slip backwards in faith. Meeting evil head-on and dealing with it in a Godly way, stretches and strengthens our muscles of faith and trust in the Lord. It helps us to see our weak areas that we need work on the most in our walk with Christ.

Father has every thing under control; nothing can happen except what he allows to happen. If we truly have faith in Him, we believe that good always comes out of evil. This has been a good deal more evil to contend with than we of this country are used to tho. Think of this: there are people oppressed (like the afghani women) and killed for no good reason every day in other countries. Christian missionaries in other countries are suffering thru persecution, jail and even horrendous, torturous death - you never hear about it in the news - but it is happening. This country has now experienced what some other countries have to live thru and deal with on a daily basis. We have failed to realize just how blessed we really are and have further failed to share it with those in need.

As we try to help those around us to get thru each day, one at a time after this life changing event, let us pray for the hearts of our leaders to be open to the leading of the Holy Spirit in this matter; that we have enough heart changes and total commitment to the ways of the Lord that a huge, bright light will shine forth from this country, lighting the way for all the others. This begins with each one of us, each day, each moment of the day. Let us vow to each other to make God our top priority from the time we get up to the time we retire. Let us further vow to each day tuck more of His word into our hearts and minds. Let us truly humble ourselves before the cross and commit our total sum to the leading and guiding of the Holy Spirit in our lives. Let us daily worship and praise the Lord with thankgiving for all things [Ps 144-150, all]. Lastly, but what we should put first - each new day, suit up in the armour of God and get prayed up for whatever comes our way that day, thereby standing strong in the Lord and the power of His might. We must remember that our battle is not against the flesh of man (as most in our government and this country seem to think), but against the high evil spiritual powers that entice and provoke mankind to do evil. Our biggest and best gun is the invisible one - PRAYER! You have to fight evil spirits with good spiritual weaponry. So - suit-up!

Love in Christ,

Linda

PS No one has yet convinced me that we are escaping any tribulation. As was in the days of Noah, so it shall be in the now days of tribulation. As long as we remain in the ark of the covenant, our strong and powerful God will protect us, according to His good will. It matters not where we are or what the circumstances are: God is all in all and He will provide for us as long as we remain stedfast in Him. Our duty now as Christians is to let Him work in and thru us moment by moment, that we may be ready for whatever comes and be of service to others along the way. Be encouraged for our Lord is with you always and He loves you unconditionally, infinitely. [Ps 37]

Do you receive our Inspirational e-mail? yes