It is our hope that this can become a place to discuss the comings and goings of our neighborhood; a forum to dialogue about the events and affairs that shape our common future and a platform for us to reaffirm our love for this community. Please note that this is an almost completely unmoderated message board. Read & post accordingly. Before creating a new thread we suggest that you first search this forum using the space below, and to the right. Please don't feed the trolls. Now supporting BBCode.
Forum: NorthernLiberties.org - A Community Bulletin Board - Northern Liberties, Philadelphia </title> <meta name="verify-v1" content="HeF2q/cFsxZZYpzecat4Zh6FizsWSfGuDAzUFteHHnM=" />
This forum is locked and posting is not allowed
Author
Comment
Dumpster Stank

The dumpsters on the NE corner of 2nd and Fairmount are foul. I live directly across the street and it really just hits you in the face. If I open my windows on the 3rd floor, I can smell it. There's also some black substance leaking from it that is attracting copious amounts of flies.

There's that alley (hancock I believe) behind all of those commercial spots where all the other dumpsters are. I don't understand why this one has to be where it is.

What should I do? Ask around to find out who they belong to, and politely ask if they could be moved?? Does that ever work?

Email  
Re: Dumpster Stank

I would start with the folks at Liberties Restaurant and/or the fresh chicken purveyor who owns the space next door.

Email  

its definitely not liberties dumpsters ... they have theirs in the back alley

Its sounds like a good idea… Lets move the dumpster onto Hancock st. Not sure if you noticed, there are houses there as well. I suggest that you contact the owner of the meat shop next to the dumpsters. You could also call the city. Not sure who but there is probably something on Phila.gov. Hope something works out. The smell is putrid.

Email  

I've always thought the stench around that intersection was the sewage line. It's like a wall of pew walking towards Spring Garden even on diagonal side of the street.

i couldn't help but notice yesterday how bad the entire stretch of 2nd street smells from green to poplar. if its not those dumpsters (i have always held my breath when i pass them - the worst is on a hot day) it's the overwhelming smell of sewage @ that corner.

after walking north as quickly as possible to flee the stench i got to brown and was hit by an even worse smell that i cannot even describe - just trash i guess, seemed strongest outside of the remains of 2nd street pizza. terrible.

fortunately i hit the overwhelmingly delicious scents of burgers and pizza coming from the Tap and Rustica, respectively. Now those are some smells I can live with!

if 2nd St Pizza was forcibly shut-down (various rumors as to why), wouldn't surprise me if there's still rotting food inside

yens,

This is the kind of quality-of-life issue that the city's 311 system can handle for you. Call 3-1-1. You'll get a ticket number for your report for followup. They will assign the call to the appropriate agency.

Ken

I live on Hancock Street I believe the dumpsters on Hancock Street now are from Palm Market. The dumpsters on 2nd have been brewing a stench for over a week. They need to empty and clean them and NOT moved in front of my house. Also there isn't enough space for the dumpsters on Hancock. There needs to be space for cars to drive through.

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Free Blogs   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Free Web Hosting 
powered by Powered by Bravenet bravenet.com

Please Don't Feed the Trolls   |   Message Board Home

NorthernLiberties.org