Scout and Guide Historical Society (Proposed)

Welcome to  the Forum  of the  proposed Scouts and Guides Historical Society .

Feel free to  start 'a thread' posting a message for others to read . Readers, if so  minded will be able to add or respond to your comments.  

The Society will be inaugurated if we have 200 names by October 2009.  The membersip fee will then pay for a website which will host the Society own Forum, and many of additional services, in the meantime these pages will act as our newsheet. 

If leaving a message please be sure to add a title for your contribution or the softwear will not add it to the Forum.

Scouting Milestone's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Guiding in the Scout and Giide Historical Society

Approx one third of the intending members so far have a Guiding background. I think that Guiding has much to teach us in the way Guide history is being preserved at County ad District level, such people are thin on the ground in Scouting.

We are heartened GirlGuiding UK's response to our intention to form the Society. Karen Taylor Archivist, writes "I have no doubt that the many enthusiasts of guiding and scouting history in the world will be very excited to hear of your proposals".

"As the Archivist for Girlguiding UK I would like to be kept abreast of news and events with regards to this new society, as you say having a contactable body such as this could indeed prove beneficial to my work."