John Lennon's Forum

In this forum you can tell your story, your feelings, your thoughts about John.
John Lennon's Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
nobody told me there'd be days like these. strange days indeed !

Came across this site by accident as i know as much about the internet as i do about quantum physics (whatever that is ?!)

As a lennon fan from the age of 7, when i bought his imagine album (the later double album) by accident (i do a lot of things by accident it now seems), i have found his words, confusing, funny & sarcastic, among many other feelings, but the large majority i have found deeply comforting and having had some major downers in my life, i owe him a lot. I can also put down to him me and my mum not speaking for 2 years, when at the age of 15 i decided to prove my loyalty by having a john lennon tattoo on my arm !! My mum for some unknown reason couldn't understand my thought of dedication behind this ?!?! Strange woman my mum, eh ?

It is easy to put john up there with Mother Theresa, the pope, and jesus himself, but when you listen to interviews it soon becomes clear the this would probably anger john more than cheer. But, hey, he's no longer here to give us a kickin or let his sometimes acid tongue loose on us, so, i will continue to think of him as someone who didn't just get a band together and get lucky, but was here for a reason.

Whatever mood you are in, happy, sad, confused, lonely, heartbroken, or angry, john has a song for you to listen to.

Anyway, hope all the above makes sense, just wanted to write something about someone i feel closer to than my own family. If it doesn't make sense it's because me and computers are like sun and ice !!

Anyway, here we go again, as the man said, time for work.

Take care to you all, lets just hope heaven exists so we can meet the man !!

Simple simon

Re: nobody told me there'd be days like these. strange days indeed !

yeah. and god knows id love to meet him. its funny that you got a john lennon tattoo. a little obsessed huh? just kidding, although, at times i feel a little obsessed myself.