Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thanksgiving movie-going

We've been really lax recently about getting to the movies, so we saw three movies between Saturday afternoon and Sunday afternoon:

School Of Rock - Cute, kind of funny, and seeing the kids rock and one wearing a Ramones' shirt did my heart good. Not as clever as a lot of reviews claimed but a good movie nonetheless.

Shattered Glass - Great movie. Everyone in it played their roles outstandingly. Hayden Christensen, Peter Sarsgaard, Chloe Sevigny, Hank Azaria and Steve Zahn (who is one of my all-time favorites) were especially grand. Good for Anakin Skywalker...

Bad Santa - was just bad. Pretty repetitive and boring and way too reliant on the f-word to make it funny. The best line was when Billy Bob's character said to Marcus, his elf, that he had turned a corner. He had been screwing large women in the Big and Tall dressing room, so Marcus replied, "Oh, you're doing women in the Petites now?" Pretty forced and unfunny for the most part. I expected so much more from a team including Zwigoff (of Ghost World) and the Coen brothers. Ah well...

patt*

Re: Thanksgiving movie-going

Patt***'s post earns a nomination for "year's best" for this simple reason: I never thought I would see the day that she would write the words, "screwing large women." A groundbreaking message for sure!

Re: Re: Thanksgiving movie-going

I'm weak at describing plot points--especially in phrasing it the way the movie did, so I chose that less colorful but still descriptive way. Too embarrassing and funny...but thatnks for the Forum recognition!

patt*

Re: Re: Re: Thanksgiving movie-going

We went and saw The Missing on Saturday and liked it. Clint Howard rocked that movie!

patt*