Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Bull Durham

Absolutely agreed, Christine and Russ!

It's a cliche at this point, but the true Axis of Evil is Bush-Cheney-Ashroft-Rice, et al, and now the former-Reagan aide and always-boneheaded head of the Baseball Hall of Fame. To steal from Michael Moore, "Shame on you, {insert Republican 'leader's' name here]."

Russ, my husband and another friend are registered Greens. Jo was the only one in the election book in our ward not long ago, but the last time we voted, there were 4 Greens in our ward--woo hoo!

This is getting to be a scarier place all the time. And it is a "grand plan" you know. Cheney and his henchfolk were thrown a curveball when Clinton was elected in '92, but this has been their plan all along... The first thing they went after before 9/11 even happened was the Freedom of Information Act, and they've been chipping away at freedoms and getting all the more militaristic/borderline Fascist all along. 10 years ago, this would have been considered a paranoid rant when now it is hardcore reality. Spooky...

patt*

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Since the GOP took control of the White House, we have been slowly losing our freedom. Think about it. Bush can push anything he wants through congress because his party has control of it. Does this bother anyone else but me.

Since I have moved to Oregon, I have become a completely different person politically. I stand for everything that Bush does not and although I voted for Gore, I am amember of the Green Party because they share many of the beliefs that I do.

Sorry for the political soapbox but I believe that this forum provides me with the opportunity to express my views and not get judged completely.

Russ

Replying to:

Can I just find all this hoopla around Bull Durham ridiculous? Why couldn't the Baseball Hall of Fame just let there be a nice celebration of a funny baseball movie without it becoming political. The dude who runs the HOF was the one who made it all about politics. Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins may be outspoken with their views, but if they didn't speak about the war at the oscars, they probably weren't going to bother at the Bull Durham event. and the president of the Hall of Fame, was a lackey for Reagan! oy! Since when did disagreeing with the current administration become a federal crime?

Re: Re: Re: Bull Durham

The Republican Party sucks!

Replying to:

It's a cliche at this point, but the true Axis of Evil is Bush-Cheney-Ashroft-Rice, et al, and now the former-Reagan aide and always-boneheaded head of the Baseball Hall of Fame. To steal from Michael Moore, "Shame on you, {insert Republican 'leader's' name here]."

Russ, my husband and another friend are registered Greens. Jo was the only one in the election book in our ward not long ago, but the last time we voted, there were 4 Greens in our ward--woo hoo!

This is getting to be a scarier place all the time. And it is a "grand plan" you know. Cheney and his henchfolk were thrown a curveball when Clinton was elected in '92, but this has been their plan all along... The first thing they went after before 9/11 even happened was the Freedom of Information Act, and they've been chipping away at freedoms and getting all the more militaristic/borderline Fascist all along. 10 years ago, this would have been considered a paranoid rant when now it is hardcore reality. Spooky...

patt*

Replying to:

Since the GOP took control of the White House, we have been slowly losing our freedom. Think about it. Bush can push anything he wants through congress because his party has control of it. Does this bother anyone else but me.

Since I have moved to Oregon, I have become a completely different person politically. I stand for everything that Bush does not and although I voted for Gore, I am amember of the Green Party because they share many of the beliefs that I do.

Sorry for the political soapbox but I believe that this forum provides me with the opportunity to express my views and not get judged completely.

Russ

Replying to:

Can I just find all this hoopla around Bull Durham ridiculous? Why couldn't the Baseball Hall of Fame just let there be a nice celebration of a funny baseball movie without it becoming political. The dude who runs the HOF was the one who made it all about politics. Susan Sarandon and Tim Robbins may be outspoken with their views, but if they didn't speak about the war at the oscars, they probably weren't going to bother at the Bull Durham event. and the president of the Hall of Fame, was a lackey for Reagan! oy! Since when did disagreeing with the current administration become a federal crime?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bull Durham

I haven't checked in in a while, but I just had to reply to this one. You guys are harsh! Would you prefer a United States with just democrats where you just hear one opinion/one side to everything? What about having an open mind?

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Russ

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bull Durham

Oops! Forgot to sign my name on the previous e-mail....

A Republican whose voted for Democrats if they seem to be the better candidate because I have an open mind,

Helen

Replying to:

I haven't checked in in a while, but I just had to reply to this one. You guys are harsh! Would you prefer a United States with just democrats where you just hear one opinion/one side to everything? What about having an open mind?

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Russ

Replying to: