Return to Website

Girls' Talk

From the makers of Police Academy comes the feel-good forum experience of the season!

Girls' Talk
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: More Movies...

We went to see 28 Days Later on Saturday hoping to see a scary movie. It was not at all scary in the horror sense but was really good and scary in the sense that this could happen (maybe not the zombie thing but still). That Danny Boyle (Trainspotting) is a great one, I think. He shot the movie in digital video, and it especially worked in the opening scenes when a former coma patient is walking through the seemingly empty and trashed streets of London.

Interesting.

patt*

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

well, it begins at 6 on friday night and should end over 24 hours later!! don't be tardy!

Replying to:

I hear that there's a huge birthday party being thrown for Mark next month in Olean. Very strange, as I always thought of him as a New York City boy.

Replying to:

in honor of mark t's birthday - i most certainly think we could do that!!!!

Replying to:

Yes, and we've only scratched the surface of the magic that is "Married People, Single Sex." Here's what we can look forward to:

Married People, Single Sex (1993)

Married People, Single Sex II: For Better or Worse (1995)

Married People, Single Sex: The Return (2002)

More Married People (2002)

Married People, Single Sex: Urban Adultery (2002) (V)

Let's have a marriage themed movie marathon on Saturday, July 12.

Replying to:

And there really wasn't even any sex! it was a lot of talking, much to jeff's displeasure!

Replying to:

Yes, we did, and yes, it was. Wasn't there a really bad actor (they all were, I know, but...) who played this yucky guy with a name like Dirk or Dick or something like that? Blech...

patt*

Replying to:

didn't we (the geneseo crew) rent that married people, single sex movie? I think we did and it was HIDEOUS!

Replying to:

I agree about the Spike Lee thing, Jeff, but, despite how ridiculous Spike is being, I am glad that the TNN man station had a speed bump on the way to 24 hours of "Man Show" type programming!

patt*

Replying to:

As much as I like lots of his stuff, I think that Spike Lee is out of his mind on this SpikeTV issue. It would be like Patt** and Steve filing suit against McDonald's for calling their burgers "Meat Patties".

And while we're alking about great movies that we've wathced together, I must also mention that there are now at least two sequels in the famous _Married People, Single Sex_ series.

Also, can we really trust Patt*** as a credible film critic? I mean, the girl owns her own copy of _Stroker Ace_:

http://www.jeffthomas.com/images/01_xmas_pt2_web/lg_pat_stroker_ace_1.jpg

Replying to:

Yep, it was the stinky one with Melanie Griffiths and Ed Harris. I like the both of them just fine, but blech!

patt*

Replying to:

that's funny! who's idea was it to rent that? was that the movie with melanie griffith?

rob and i haven't been TO a movie since the last austin powers last summer. i did pick up "my big fat greek wedding" which i found cute... rob didn't think the girl was very attractive!

Replying to:

Yes, I did Jeff, Christine and I (I think it was just us) rented it one night a long time ago--d'oh! What a horrible, wretched, stupid movie!!! The company was just great, but the movie was just terrible...

patt*

Replying to:

Did you honestly see "Milk Money" patty? GOOD LORD!!

Replying to:

We haven't been to the movies in a long time (for us) and haven't had a chance to see A Mighty Wind, The Matrix Reloaded, and others that we've wanted to see.

We did however find some time to rent a couple of movies:

-- The 25th Hour by Spike "No Spike TV" Lee - It was a wonderful movie for being about the last day of a man's life before he goes to a horrible prison for 7 years. All the players did a great job, and I'm glad that in Edward Norton's in-his-mind and in-a-bathroom tirade against the world he lambasted the leaders of the Catholic Church for not doing the right thing...

- The Guru - Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. Almost as bad a movie as Milk Money (blech). This was an odd and unfunny movie that was supposed to be a funny take-off on India's Bollywood movies, but it just sucked ass.

Seen any good movies lately?

patt*

Re: Re: More Movies...

I have yet to see this, but I'm really looking forward to it. They seriously don't make enough zombie movies these days.

Please, everyone, follow the Great Patt***'s lead, and go out and support your local zombies.

Thank you,

Jeff.

Replying to:

We went to see 28 Days Later on Saturday hoping to see a scary movie. It was not at all scary in the horror sense but was really good and scary in the sense that this could happen (maybe not the zombie thing but still). That Danny Boyle (Trainspotting) is a great one, I think. He shot the movie in digital video, and it especially worked in the opening scenes when a former coma patient is walking through the seemingly empty and trashed streets of London.

Interesting.

patt*

Replying to:

well, it begins at 6 on friday night and should end over 24 hours later!! don't be tardy!

Replying to:

I hear that there's a huge birthday party being thrown for Mark next month in Olean. Very strange, as I always thought of him as a New York City boy.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Yes, and we've only scratched the surface of the magic that is "Married People, Single Sex." Here's what we can look forward to:

Replying to:

And there really wasn't even any sex! it was a lot of talking, much to jeff's displeasure!

Replying to:

Yes, we did, and yes, it was. Wasn't there a really bad actor (they all were, I know, but...) who played this yucky guy with a name like Dirk or Dick or something like that? Blech...

patt*

Replying to:

didn't we (the geneseo crew) rent that married people, single sex movie? I think we did and it was HIDEOUS!

Replying to:

I agree about the Spike Lee thing, Jeff, but, despite how ridiculous Spike is being, I am glad that the TNN man station had a speed bump on the way to 24 hours of "Man Show" type programming!

patt*

Replying to:

As much as I like lots of his stuff, I think that Spike Lee is out of his mind on this SpikeTV issue. It would be like Patt** and Steve filing suit against McDonald's for calling their burgers "Meat Patties".

And while we're alking about great movies that we've wathced together, I must also mention that there are now at least two sequels in the famous _Married People, Single Sex_ series.

Also, can we really trust Patt*** as a credible film critic? I mean, the girl owns her own copy of _Stroker Ace_:

Replying to:

Yep, it was the stinky one with Melanie Griffiths and Ed Harris. I like the both of them just fine, but blech!

patt*

Replying to:

that's funny! who's idea was it to rent that? was that the movie with melanie griffith?

rob and i haven't been TO a movie since the last austin powers last summer. i did pick up "my big fat greek wedding" which i found cute... rob didn't think the girl was very attractive!

Replying to:

Yes, I did Jeff, Christine and I (I think it was just us) rented it one night a long time ago--d'oh! What a horrible, wretched, stupid movie!!! The company was just great, but the movie was just terrible...

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

We haven't been to the movies in a long time (for us) and haven't had a chance to see A Mighty Wind, The Matrix Reloaded, and others that we've wanted to see.

-- The 25th Hour by Spike "No Spike TV" Lee - It was a wonderful movie for being about the last day of a man's life before he goes to a horrible prison for 7 years. All the players did a great job, and I'm glad that in Edward Norton's in-his-mind and in-a-bathroom tirade against the world he lambasted the leaders of the Catholic Church for not doing the right thing...

- The Guru - Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck. Almost as bad a movie as Milk Money (blech). This was an odd and unfunny movie that was supposed to be a funny take-off on India's Bollywood movies, but it just sucked ass.

patt*

Re: Re: Re: Another movie--see Whale Rider if you can!

Whale Rider was just an awesome movie...incredible. If you get a chance, go see it--that's all I'll say because my lame words won't cover its spirit.

Great, great movie...

patt*

Replying to:

I have yet to see this, but I'm really looking forward to it. They seriously don't make enough zombie movies these days.

Please, everyone, follow the Great Patt***'s lead, and go out and support your local zombies.

Thank you,

Jeff.

Replying to:

Interesting.

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*

Replying to:

Replying to:

patt*