W5MET I-Link Open Web Forum

Have something to say ? Information you want to post about ilink. Post anything ilink or Ham Related here but please use the Classified area or the auction site to post any you need to sell.

W5MET I-Link Open Web Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
iLink and Windows XP

Does anyone have a fix for iLink so you don't have to keep rebooting Windows XP to mmake it work from an icon. I read of a solution on the aacnet site regarding this but his trick did not work for me.

Re: iLink and Windows XP

Well the only things I have read about is what they have been saying on the ilink board realy two things. The forst one is you clcik on the exe each time before you stat it up and pick compadibility windows 98 and they say it boots up but you need to do this every time.

The other thing I heard is you have to download the zip file only and open in a file you make on your drive C:/Ilink and if you go in there and click on the .exe file its reported to work you just cant use a shortcut or let it load useing the .exe file Not sure if any of this helps you but good luck

Frank

W5MEt

Node# 5790

Happy i-linking

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Does anyone have a fix for iLink so you don't have to keep rebooting Windows XP to mmake it work from an icon. I read of a solution on the aacnet site regarding this but his trick did not work for me.

Re: Re: iLink and Windows XP

Well, I have tried all of the advice you have indicated before I sent my message and it works intermittently on XP. I'm sure there will be a fix for the XP problem coming. I have iLink installed on a Me machine and no problems for me. Thanks.

Replying to:

Well the only things I have read about is what they have been saying on the ilink board realy two things. The forst one is you clcik on the exe each time before you stat it up and pick compadibility windows 98 and they say it boots up but you need to do this every time.

The other thing I heard is you have to download the zip file only and open in a file you make on your drive C:/Ilink and if you go in there and click on the .exe file its reported to work you just cant use a shortcut or let it load useing the .exe file Not sure if any of this helps you but good luck

Frank

W5MEt

Node# 5790

Happy i-linking

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: iLink and Windows XP

I have been trying a few more options to get iLINK on XP run without having

to reboot.

I run iLINK from c:iLINK directory.

I changed the compatibility setting to Windows 98 / Win ME.

If I start the program by clicking on the link.exe in the c:ilink directory

and then click on BEGIN and DO NOT have a QSO or any audio TX or RX and shut

the program down I am able to restart the program and I can do this over and

over.

If I start the program by clicking on the link.exe in the c:ilink directory

and then click on BEGIN and HAVE a QSO or ALLOW audio TX or RX and shut the

program down I am NOT able to restart the program.

After this ...

If I go into the c:ilink directory and RIGHT CLICK on link.exe and open the

compatibility tab where I see the setting already set to Windows 98 / Win ME

and then click OK.

The program will run again.

I wonder if other XP users might like to try the above and see if this works

for them and let the group know.

Terry .. VK2JTP

Replying to:

Well, I have tried all of the advice you have indicated before I sent my message and it works intermittently on XP. I'm sure there will be a fix for the XP problem coming. I have iLink installed on a Me machine and no problems for me. Thanks.

Replying to:

Frank

W5MEt

Node# 5790

Happy i-linking

Replying to: