Omni Martial Arts Member Forum

Welcome to our forum.  To return to the Home page use the link below... 'Return to Website'

Omni Martial Arts Member Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Author
Comment
OMA SOCIAL

Welcome, please leave a message and click 'Notify me by email'. Feel free to leave any of your messages and videos here.

Thanks, James

Re: OMA SOCIAL

hello just thiought i should check in and reply to this bad boy. Couldn't go traing last 2 times but i am going this friday

Hola

'The art of fighting without fighting? Show me some of it!'

Hello

Hey there!

As the training was pretty soft last Friday with all that bunny hopping and walking on the hands.
I suggest we try some harder conditioning for the shins this week:

See you all on Friday.

Peter

Hai guizzz

Urg, uni tomorrow.

Just to test embedding youtube videos into the forum...

J

VIDEOS WORKING!

Ok great it works! Any vids you think are cool just select the embed text under the video in YouTube and then paste it in here. I advise putting a title too so that people can reply to indivual posts.

JDF

Training body and mind to feel good is important... To feel good after training in OmniMartialArt's club is a fact

You know..
I'm in the mood for saying more than just hay/hello/hi
But, god help me, I can't think of anything and I don't really feel like going on youtube, we don't see eye to eye (or eye to tube for that matter).
So, I guess, all I have left is just:
Hay
Hello
Hi

Hola All!!

I agree with Oded on the more than just saying Hello, its a good time to say something profound and inspiring.....

oh Oded, I was talking to Ben today and he was calling you a *****! I told him I would keep it to myself but then I thought....naaahh

I think this friday i'm gonna get a "tap out" from.............DANIEL'SAN!
he needs bringing down a peg or two.

Re: OMA SOCIAL & Shaolin Monks

I have a tap out in the bag for Ben, Tony & Will (if he's even man enough to turn up this week ;) )

Just in case some of you don't have this E-Mail, see below:

Hey guys, as the subject suggests, is anyone up for coming to see:

Shaolin Monks - Kung Fu Masters Live Tonight 19:30?

I have a 2 for 1 Tickets voucher, so can get the £36 or £28 tickets for half price essentially.
Alternatively, there are still some £13 and £18 tickets still available (but going quickly), though they are a little further back.
It's the Peacock Theatre in Holborn (Holborn Tube nearest or Covent Garden Tube) and should be plenty of time to get there after work for all of you.

I realise it's short notice and may not be all your cups of tea (mmmmmm, tea), but let me know, I'd quite like to go and see the show.

ALTERNATIVELY, if you'd like to go on Saturday 3rd November for the 15:00 showing, I'm up for that too, but there's only a few £13 and £18 tickets left, and the 2 for 1 doesn't apply for Saturday's.

Anyway guys, let me know if you can. Mobile as usual is best, but E-Mail if you can't call :)

Love you all,

Daniel

This is for James who wanted a link to the show:

http://www.sadlerswells.com/show/Shaolin-Monks

Thanks Dan, everyone please check the OMA News thread for the confirmed times and dates we are going, James

Hey y'all, just to let everyone know that tickets are now booked for the OMA Shoalin Monks night out.

I just want to give props to Sarit/Her Pinkness for initially providing me with the first 2 for 1 voucher which gave the impetus to the rest of this evening happening.

Right, see some of you on Thursday, the rest on Friday.

Daniel.

V welcome.
Guys, I don't think I'm going to be at training for a while unless I manage to get a brain transplant

Hey guys,
I'm looking to buy a Graphics Tablet very soon and I was hoping some of you might have some suggestions as to make/size/price for the home enthusiast.

I've heard that in general they're all the same but what differentiates them is the software and features that they come with.

Of course I'm working on a budget so I can't afford a £200 A4 tablet, but at the same time I don't want a tiny A6 thing (unless you recommend one of course).

Anyway, thoughts appreciated.

Daniel.

Hey Dan, the make is all important. We use the brand Wacom at work and its definately far superior on accuracy. I have tried some cheaper brands, they cool and are better than a mouse, but id say your better off getting a smaller Wacom than a larger budget brand. J

Hey Dan,

try to get a used Wacom Intuos 2 A5.
Proper quality and you should be able to get them cheaper.
Like this one: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wacom-Intuos-2-A5-Graphics-Tablet-Complete-As-New_W0QQitemZ260174997501QQihZ016QQcategoryZ39980QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why does her pinkness need a brain transplant?
Whatever... time to collect some money....

Bonjour!

Bonjour again :p

Inspirational stuff, enjoy...

J

I hate youtube.
"video is no longer available"

Ok, now it works!

Hi guys! I don't think I can come today to the training session as I need to prepare several things for my trip this weekend. I just wanted to say that I hope you have a good time, learn a lot and listen to Mr. Lee's advice... (Can someone tell me what he says in the video, since I haven't got earphones in my computer?) Well, I'll try to catch up with you later. Have a very nice weekend and enjoy this evening!!

Video, I would just like to make a formal complaint about the video. I am in it a total of 4 times and out of that 2 of them is me falling over!

I am going to great a Benedict video of just me!

Yey!! just seen the video, only knew cos I saw Bens' post complaining about it

Nice one Mr J, looks sweet man, got some good stuff on it, well done to the camera man too (Ben). Hope we can keep getting new footage to keep the vids coming, maybe then we might have one of Ben staying on his feet? I like it because it actually makes us look like we know what we're doing??....how did that happen!?

got me in the mood for it now, glad its friday

Glad you like it! To Ben, well in the other clips you look cool- doing a flip and taking Mr Tony down . It was tricky to get a mix of everyone- im going to put up the individual fights up here too so no one worry if you didnt get enough air time: this was just a short highlights vid of this year.

If you compare it to 2006 clip theres such a major speed/power and sharpness difference. Very proud of you guys- keep up the hard work and looking forward to seeing the standard of the Omni Team 2008 .

Re: Vid

So how does one view said vid guys? I can only see the Bruce Lee talking to a glass of water one!!!

on the vids page on the main website.

OMNI XMAS DINNER

Please reply here, let us know if you can or cant come- and if there are any better days if really not possible. Try to let anyone know who hasnt seen the message. Thanks, James

I am up for it, weekends aren't great for me!

Yeah, as ben is going - Count me in!!

nah, seriously. Sounds good. Weekend, then no rush for time, somewhere central, late afternoon/evening food and drinks is my suggestion and getting Mr Teacher drunk is my mission for the night. Then lets see your fancy combo kicks boy'o

but I am flexible if anyone has a better idea. Be nice to know a plan ASAP, so I know not to plan other stuff for this time and date etc. thoughts?

Christmas what now??

I have no idea what the plans for this are, but I am happy to, as the previous years, attend :)

Is there any information at all?

Daniel.

****it James, I thought you said Dan wouldn't receive these emails!! now you'd better tell him the details of the plan now.

Seeing as how I can't edit my previous post (or see easily where to do that). I've found the post about the social.

8th might be difficult to make, unless it's later in the evening, I'll be in London until at least 17:30.
I'm in Poland from 11th - 17th inclusive so won't be able to make any days in between.

Don't plan around me though, just letting you know.

Daniel.

Ok yes for anyone who didnt see the post check the NEWS section. Ok so how about we say instead:

Omni Xmas Dinner, Sunday 9th 5-7ish?

Please put all your replies soon as you can, J.

I have a wedding Sunday night sorry guys! Go ahead without me if it's the most popular date I'm in love with this little revolving smiley!

P.S Thanks to tone for showing me where the vids are
P.P.S I'll have to start sparring sooner or later else I'll never make my debut as a Pink Fluffy Ninja Starlet
P.P.P.S Mr Benedict Sir, can you not squeeze us in at any part of the weekend?
P.P.P.P.S Mr Denial (you know who you are)- think you could make, say, an 8pm start?
I'm gonna go ahead and P.P.P.P.P off now

Hi Guys!

I'm up for it at any time any day (mostly)... Bearing in mind that Mr Teacher is gonna get drunk I cannot miss it!!

"I'm up for it at any time any day (mostly)"

........James you lucky boy

(sorry Sandra)

Haha, me drunk? Bring it on!! Ok so it seems now the best time is Sat Night again but later. Guess what- apparently that day theres a big fight night on wth Amir Khan at 9. Maybe we could go to a nice cosy type bar have dinner and watch the match in background?

Black horse down the road might be good option cos they do great food: me and sandy eat there some lunch times? Im thinking most of us can start earlier and peeps like Dan and Si could arrive later for drinks? Any thoughts?

Summary: Sat 8th, Black Horse, 8 till late as you wish?

ps- only just saw your reply tony, she will kick your ass for that!

Hi,
Having the Xmas dinner on Saturday is fine for me: I forgot to confirm the get-together.
Tony- I have to say that I´m a VERY lucky girl...

Im at a gathering in london with uni mates on saturday, so I cant make that. Do enjoy it though :)

I might be able to make 20:00 but I can't guarantee it.
I think that date and time works for everyone else though so I think you should go for it.
If I can make it I'll come!

Daniel.

I'm flexible. Saturday, Sunday... all good...

there are loads of sports bars round london for this exact reason!

http://www.viewlondon.co.uk/pubsandbars/sports-bars-in-london-recommended-london-63.html

http://www.thesportscafe.net/locationdetail.cfm?venueID=4

Err, are we actually aiming to be in a venue where that event will be occuring? Or are we looking for a quieter pub where we can actually enjoy our meal in relative calm?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10