Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wee Bleu.

Hello All, just want to ask if there have been any updates on poor Bleu? Regards,Maureen.

Re: Wee Bleu.

Many thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in Bleu. He is making progress at great speed. Still being fed every 2 hours and with minimal excersise. He is very reluctant to go near humans but he has a special relationship with Kelly and they are forging a great bond. It will take some weeks before he is ready for re-homing. The Greyhound racing Board are trying to trace his last registered owner. He is Irish, we know that but the trail after leaving Ireland has yet to be unravelled.

Sylvia

Well done Sylvia.
Poor wee soul. Glad he is now safe.
Give him a cuddle from us.
Celia and Jimmy.

I will thanks. PETA are now offering a reward of £1000 for any inofrmation leading to a conviction. Lets hope someones monatary greed exceeds their misplaced loyalty to the previous owner.

Hi Sylvia
Just wondered if Bleu's tattoos were legible. Might be worth putting his ear markings and racing name on the forum, see if it jogs anyones memory. Really hope whoever did this is punished.

Good idea,Fiona. How about putting a posting on the Greyhounds Retired Database forum? Someone is bound to recognise them if they are circulated widely enough. It could also be that he was given away as a "Free to good home" case through one of the flapping sites, or at one of the tracks,not neccessarily a local one,but maybe a post on Flappers Dream or Northern greyhounds might jog someone's memory as a lot of the genuine Greyhound people are outraged at whoever dumped him and might just try and help. Good luck,Sylvia and give the wee soul a big,big love from me.

I doubt he has raced at all, he has never had that muscle tone and he does not have a high prey drive. The powers that be are tracing his ancestry etc but it is a 'case'at the moment. I can not divulge the other fact we know about him.

Hello Sylvia, it could also be he has been brought over from Ireland in the sales and because he would't chase they dumped him. Very,very best of luck with the search for the low-lives. Kindest regards,Maureen.

We have managed to trace the breeder and the date he last raced in Ireland and has not raced in the UK unless its the flappers tracks but I doubt he raced over here at all.

Hello Sylvia, sorry to be a pain in the rear but I wanted to know how wee Bleu is getting on! He is one of those Greyhounds that every now and then pulls at the old heart strings! I have fostered and helped rehome for years but there is always THAT one that grabs you. Hope all's going well, Maureen.(Again)!!!

Bleu is doing very well and has gained about 4 kgs and has started to get a shine on his coat. He is down to 4 larger meals a day now. He hs definately had some sort of injury to his back left hip at some time and there is maybe a touch or pain there but he is improving daily. His trust in mankind is increasing as well. Many thanks for your best wishes.

Hello Sylvia, it could be a dropped hip the wee soul has and that is why they did not race him-which would lead me to assume that if he had such an injury they would not make money from him-therefore would not feed him. A lot of these cretins are of the opinion if the dog is not bringing any money in then they won't be out of pocket-be it feeding or vet bills. Great news on his progress,though! Keep up the good work!!!! Maureen.

Hi all, just popping in to see if there is an update on this wee boy. Any news? Regards as always, Maureen.

Bleu had a broken toe and a nail bed infection which was causing his limp. He went back to vets tonight and has another weeks course of Ab's then he should be ok. He now has a shine to his coat and his weight is almost as it should be.

Hello Sylvia, so glad to hear he's coming on. Hope his trust in people is starting to return, although sometimes it can be slow. I hope he finds a loving, wonderful home. I wish I could have taken him but I have three Greyhound boys already, apart from that my other half would have something to say as we had five up until a few months ago! The other two were girlies! All the very best with him,Maureen.

With all the International Media coverage Bleu received we have had a lot of interest in re homing him. Some of these people were very kind but it was a knee jerk reaction and their sentiments were emotive. We also had a lot of travelling fraternity wanting to rehome him---yes well!!!! I am pleased to say Bleu is leaving us around the end of August or just into September to live in Switzerland. A lady on her own. He responds to women and is very wary around men.

Many thanks for all your well wishes and Bleu is one lucky lad.

Hello Sylvia, SWITZERLAND, EH!!!!!! What a lucky, lucky wee boy. I sincerely hope he has a wonderful life in his new home. I'm so pleased this sad story has a happy,happy ending. All the very best, Maureen.

That's great news! Be happy Bleu

Well done to everyone envolved in his care and for getting him to safety

Is there any update on this wee guy? Is he off on his travels yet?

I was thinking about him yesterday and wondering if there was any news of how he is doing. Good news, I hope?!