Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great North Run

I am running the Great North Run in September for GRF and I am looking to raise as much money as I can.

I have a fundraising night organised for family and friends and have passed around a few sponsorship forms but feel I need to do more.

I wanted to use the justgiving website for online sponsorship but I'm not sure it's possible to register as GRF isn't a registered charity?

Does anyone have any good fundraising ideas or know of any websites I could sign up to for online sponsorship?

Re: Great North Run

Thank you for your email and advice, Michelle! I have used the paypal address on the website and emailed it round to everyone I know. Hopefully this will raise some more funds for the hounds!

Lucy

Hi Lucy,
It was nice seeing you at the kennels and we'd like to thank you very much for your kind efforts on our behalf. Jimmy has taken part in the Great North Run ( a wee while ago !!!! ) and knows exactly what you are doing for us.
Thanks and good luck in the event.
Celia and Jimmy.

Good luck for today Lucy! Will think of you as we sedately meander our way across the Forth Bridge

Michele

I did it! 2 hours 19 minutes which is a little slower than I'd hoped but I completely underestimated how busy it was!

Still gathering the money together, but should hopefully have a total (and cheque!) ready for next weekend!

Congrats Lucy, really well done!

Congratulations Lucy. Your time was fine. I remember running it and you are boxed in by people the entire race because of the huge number taking part. You cannot get into your stride properly. It is a great event though.
Thank you very much for running for the homeless dogs.
Jimmy.

Hi Lucy,
On behalf of GRF we would like, from the bottom of our hearts, to thank you so much for enduring the rigours of the Great North Run for us and raising the simply staggering amount of £500 for our homeless dogs. That is not the easiest way to raise sponsorship money, so, bless you from us and the dogs.
Celia, Jimmy and a lot of happy dogs.