Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forth Road Bridge Sponsored Walk Sunday 20th September

Hi folks,
get those fingers crossed for a dry sunday!
Meeting at 11.30- car park in behind the Bridge Admin Buildings.
Coming from the north left hand lane across the bridge and once over bridge take first slip road to the left signposted Kirkliston, ?South Queensferry. You're heading up towards the roundabout, Shell Garage, Tesco, Dakota Hotel.... Turn left/ first exit on roundabout and turn first left as into Shell Garage. Follow the road around and if my directions have worked you'll come to the carparks, firstly the lorry one and then the car one.
Coming from "the other side" it's last exit before bridge (big blue Dakota/Tesco on your right)up to the roundabout, 3rd exit on left to Shell Garage.....
I have to ring the duty officer on sunday morning so will do so at half 9 and post on here whether we've got the go ahead or not. If you're not going to be able to get on the pc let me know your mobile number and I can text you.
For the navigationally challenged (Joan lol) will email you my mobile number in case of need.
Best Paw Forward- see you sunday!

Re: Forth Road Bridge Sponsored Walk Sunday 20th September

Navigationally challenged...lol...yeh ok thats me but those instructions SEEM simple enough??!! Please keep in mind that Im also scared of heights and so this whole day is gonna be a challenge even if I do manage to find the car park!!lol Hopefully we will be all go on sunday and look forward to seeing everyone there!! x ps will also be wearing my waterproof mascara in case of rain and carrying a selection of clothing and towels to suit every weather...lol

hi michelle
i am in a wheelchair but hope to be there we will have a good time finding it for we only be in here from nov last year i am in markinch get lady zara grey hound
pattie

Hi Pattie,
hope you can make it! Everyone is most welcome and I'm hoping we'll all be very visible to passersby.

Hi all. Wearher forecast for Sunday is good with light breeze, so all should go ahead.(Remember to check here on Sunday morning though!)Hope to have a good tunout and raise lots of money for the hounds. If you cant manage to the walk, why not sponsor someone who is. Every little helps, no matter how little.See you all there.

Hi Michele,
We're having to take my son to A&E this morning after he's woken up with a very strange looking finger. Depending on the wait at A&E we may be late for the walk, but will come along this afternoon to do it if we can't do it together with everyone.
Hopefully we'll not be too long at the hospital and see you all at 11.30.
Katherine

Hi Katherine,
hope your son's finger turns out to be nothing too serious and that A&E is quiet.
Walk is on and see you all there,
Michele

Many thanks to everyone who came along today to support GRF and the homeless hounds!
The weather couldn't have been better for a walk- not too hot thanks to a cooling breeze and NO rain!!!! All the dogs took the bridge in their stride setting a great example to nervous humans.
Sponsorship money can be handed in at the next walk or at Baltree or Union Farm. (Cheques payable to Greyhound Rescue Fife if you prefer)
Will post the final total raised when all monies are in but sponsorship handed in at the walk was nearly £250. Thanks!!!

Fab day all round - raising money and a great walk into the bargain - you can't argue with that!! Well done for organising the walk it turned out just great!! x

Hi Michele,
Thank you very much for all your hard work for us. It was a great day and we all enjoyed ourselves. It was fantastic to see all the dogs on the bridge.
Celia and Jimmy.

Michele,

Well done on organising such a fantastic sponsored walk.

Think the sight of all the dog's must have turned quite a few drivers heads as they headed over the bridge

All the dog's behaved superbly and proved why they are such a great breed

Ian, Dena and a tired but happy Kyla

Hi, does anyone know the paypal address for friends of grf, so that I can pay some sponsor money into it.

All the money from the sponsored walk is in and the total raised is £1257.50!

Many thanks to everyone who took part and to everyone who sponsored the walkers!!!!!!!!

Hi Michele,
What on earth can we say?
That is one fantastic achievement.
The homeless hounds are guaranteed to live comfortably for some time thanks to you.
We and 45 homeless hounds thank you so very much for your magnificent efforts on our behalf.
Bless you.
Celia, Jimmy and

Wow Michelle

Thats fantastic. What an amazing amount of money to raise! Desperately sorry I wasn't there. Looks like you had a great and very worthwhile day.

Fiona

Thanks Fiona, it certainly was a greyt day all round lol.
More sponsorship money has come in another £36- many thanks!!