Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
adopting a greyhound

hi,

i am really keen to adopt a greyhound, i emailed the email addy on website, just hope you got it!??

i have thought about this for a while now and really want to go ahead, they are gorgeous doggies and i want one :-)

thanks,

Paula

Re: adopting a greyhound

Hi Paula,
once you've had a greyhound (or two) you'll wonder how you ever managed to live without them in your life!!!! They are the most majestic dogs and how some of them learn to trust and love people again is so amazing!

Michele

thanks Michelle :-) the more i hear about them and look at photos, the more i want one!! they are just beautiful animals and i really really hope we can get one or possibly two!!

paula x

Beware Paula as they are VERY addictive. i took my first greyhound, Roxy, back for a visit and fell in love with a boy called Rocky!!!! Picked him up the following day and he and Roxy have settled well together. The local children love them both and we are now an educational tool on the welfare of animals in general and the care and knowledge of greyhounds whenever I am out walking them. The children love stroking them and understand that Rocky loves being petted, but that Roxy is timid and they have to approach her gently and kindly. They are all horrified that they could have ever been ill-treated, so my greys are a good educational tool. Jose xx

thanks for your message Jose!!

spoke to Celia last night and me and my daughter are going to visit today, cant wait.

i was explaining to my daughter last night about why these dogs are rescued because of how they are treated and why they need good homes, so can see what you are saying about them being an educational tool:-)

cant wait till this afternoon!

paula xx

Just be sure to come back on and let us know who and how many Celia and Jimmy managed to convince you to have...they are very convincing and hard to say NO to LOL, I've learned this after two of our own; Lunar first then Solo (a week after Buddy our lab cross male was unfortunately PTS due to old age)

Gary

hi Gary, have just posted with some pics!!

we have Jenny and she is fab!!

paula

Unfortunately Jenny has been returned as the lady has started a new job. At the time of rehoming we were led to believe that there would be no problem if her work circumstances changed since her parents lived nearby. Obviously there has been a problem.
The lovely little girl is available again. It appears that she is very clean in the house.
Celia and Jimmy.

Good to see Jenny has been lucky and found a "new" home so quickly