Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Success - two happy dogs

Got up early this morning and drove the 20 miles to Bellahouston Park on the off-chance that the safe dog run would be empty.

It was. Yeee-hah! Two loony greyhounds running around madly for about 10 minutes in dawn's early light drizzle. Such a wonderful sight being able to watch these magnificent hounds at full stretch and really enjoying themselves.

Vince's recall is non-existant so far - but - Freya is starting to come back for a biccy and Vince follows on behind. He-he, two recalls for the price of one and he doesn't even realise he's doing it.

Re: Success - two happy dogs

Hi Chris. We are also looking for a safe dog run for our grey hound. I didn't realise there was one in Bellahouston Park in Glasgow. Are you aware of any others? We would love to see our dog run!

Bellahouston is the only one I've heard of - and it can get quite busy later on in the day, which probably isn't the best idea with a couple of high prey drive hounds on the loose.

The safe area is betwen the Palace of Art (Sport Centre) and the Leisure Centre.

Just watch out for the swinging entrance gate which is a bit like a metal version of a rustic one at a time gate. Tie a spare lead around it or stand by it just to be on the safe side and let them have fun.

Thanks. I'll give it a go.