Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Christmas Walkies with GRF

Hello everyone

Yep it's that time again - walkies time & Christmas time!!!

The next GRF walk will be held at Beveridge Park in Kirkcaldy on Sunday 6th December, meeting at 11am. This start time could possible change but we will give you plenty of warning should this be the case.

This is a great opportunity to meet lots of lovely greyhounds and catch up with other greyhound owners. The only thing to remember for a great day out is to keep all your dogs on leads and sccop the poop!!.

There will shortly be a poster avaialble on the events page advertising the walk. We would be very much appreciated if you could print a copy and place it in your local area.

Fingers crossed for better weather than on the last walk

Re: Christmas Walkies with GRF

How about making it fancy dress, for the human?

It will make if more exiting for me, and would break the ice for newbee's (like myself who have not been on one of your walks - but would very much like to attend).

It would also be good fun with Christmas coming on - we could carry can's/buckets and collect along the way for Christmas Dinner for the hounds at the kennels.

It would certainly make us more approachable to others that are out and about in the park - should there be a large number of us.

I understand though - that it might not be everyones "cuppa tea" to be in fancy dress or a silly outfit - so I would understand if some folk didn't want to dress up. However its my "cuppa tea" - but I don't want to be the only one
I would look a right loony - wouldn't I?!!!

Just a thought - Actually think this is a very good thought and will make us all smile - dispite this awful weather...It will be fun - so who's up for it?

Eliza x

I like the idea Eliza! It's a shame my mates don't live up here- they have a greyhound costume they use at open days, Crufts etc to fundraise for Perry Barr RGT.
Will have to give it some serious thought!

Michele

Update....

The meeting time for the walk in Kirkcaldy has been confirmed as being 11am.

Hope you can all come along and have a great time with the greyhounds and volunteers!!

Hee hee now u all know that the Kirkcaldy walk is the one i have difficulty finding so I will be leaving Dundee about 6.30am to try and ensure I find the park in time...lol Keeping fingers crossed for NO RAIN and for there to be no cute adoptable male greyhounds present for me to hang my nose over now that Sonic has found his forever home!!!! Yeh ok so Im not holding out much hope on that last one certainly!!!lol See u all there! x

Remember, remember the 6th of December. 11am Beveridge Park car park, Kirkcaldy.
Hope to see you all there.

Can anyone give me the postcode for Beveridge Park please.

Thanks
Karen

The postcode is KY2 5LZ

Thank you Angela

Kaz and Pat Brundell

We can't make the walk so have a good time everyone

Michele

Sorry didn't make it this morning we had the car loaded, the dogs and their visitor in the back (Cocker spaniel), turned the key and nothing By the time we got it going it was already to late
Hopefully we will get through to the kennels shortly and see Celia and Jimmy again , Hope everybody had a good time at todays walk and that everybody has a good Christmas and New Year especially the dogs