Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ACE

Hi all. I am after a bit of advice. Since we got Ace from Celia and Jimmy at the end of July he has always slept on his big bed in the kitchen and apart from the first night when he cried, he has always slept happily on his bed. As we have a cockatiel and some finches in the living room which he tries to get at, we have only recently allowed him in with us during the evening as they are covered up. When we go to bed he goes back in the kitchen. However, he has suddenly decided to cry all night long and wont settle. Any advice please!! Yawn LOL

Re: ACE

Hi Karen,

I used to have a radio in Ace's kennel when I had him and Ranger (Now Alfie). it used to be Alfie that would be out greeting for his dinner in all weathers but never really heard Ace. It could be that he is getting used to being with you at night and doesnt want to be left alone now. I took one of my ex racers into my home beside my mothers cockatiel....I had to go and buy her a new one. By the sounds of it he is pineing for you and Pat at night.

Hi George. Nice to hear from you. We are also thinking that suddenly Ace is missing us during the night, this is ever since we started letting him into the living room in the evenings. When we go out and leave him to do the shopping, he goes berserk when we get home, he is so happy to see us. We will try leaving a radio on during the night and see if that helps. Other than that, he is fine

Karen

I think you've done well that he's slept on his own for so long, lol. My two go to their own beds everynight but at some point during the night (probably as soon as I start snoring) they must wander into my room. I usually wake up because I'm on the very edge of the bed with no duvet or with a dead leg cos one of them's lying on it . Good luck with your mission

Well he has seemed to settle down again now. He has been quiet for the past few nights. We had relatives staying last weekend so maybe that unsettled him. Anyway we will see how he goes.

Karen, Pat and Ace