Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thor And Lady

hiya just thought id send an update on Lady and Thor.
They are both doing great Lady is so bossy she's already stole Thor's spot on the couch so now he lie's on the living room floor before huffing and going through to his bed
it's so good to see them both enjoying each other's company and cuddling up to each other in there beds, its like they have been together for years.
She is getting better with her food but we have to put boiling water in her dry food and leave it to cool down or she wont eat not like Thor who will eat anything you put infront of him.
We also have a bag full of treats for all the other dogs as Lady and Thor dont like them so thought it would be a nice treat for all the other dogs.
hopefully we will see you all soon

Scott, Gillian, Thor and Lady. xxxx

Re: Thor And Lady

It's always greyt to hear dogs are doing well and living the life they deserve! When we adopted Goldie she quickly settled in and became boss of the 2 boys- anyone sitting in "her" armchair gets stared at. If that doesn't move them she will climb on the chair and force them out.

Michele

Just a wee note on the dog treats front, dont know if anyone else has found this but when I first got Bambi there were very few treats that she would accept and we then settled into a routine of just a couple that she was happy to eat. I have found tho that the longer she has been with me the more willing she is to try new things so it may be that this is part of the not liking? Certainly that was what I thought but now I think she just didnt have the bottle to try something new! And yes folks thats right Im describing my Bambi as not having the bottle!!!I tell u she is a scaredy wee soul under that bossy exterior!!lol Fab to hear the two of them are happy and settled tho. x

Thor has never been that fussy with treats since we got Lady if She doesnt like something Thor will decide he doesnt like it either
i just keep getting them different treats to try and if they wont eat them then they go in the bag and try again another day but still no luck.
They have just been out for there walk and it has been snowing here allday and they are hating it with it being slippy with the snow on the roads feel bad them but theyl be ok.xx

Gillian And Scott
They have just been out for there walk and it has been snowing here allday and they are hating it with it being slippy with the snow on the roads feel bad them but theyl be ok.xx

Kell and Lucy loved it up the hill tonight in all that crisp fluffy snow! My last two loved the snow too - put a spring in their step similar to when they used to go to the beach.

Took me two hours to get home from work though (normally a 20 minute drive )

They were a bit better in the snow today think they just needed to get used to it. Thor started rolling about in the snow today
Toke both of them up to the farm today to see to the horses and Thor loved it as he was able to get off his lead in the riding school for a run he didnt like the horses to much though as he started barking at them

Hi Guys,
We were 'phoned on Monday to take Thor and Lady back as their owners had chosen to change to a house which banned dogs. As you know, we are always full, so, we said we'd get back to them. Two days later and constantly after that, we left messages that we could take the dogs. We received no replies and we don't know their new address. We discovered on Saturday that they were both in Brown Street Council dog pound in Dundee, which contravenes the signed adoption agreements.
We have been in touch with Brown Street who have rehomed Lady themselves, thereby splitting up the pair! We were able to retrieve Thor after paying £50 of our rescue funds to the Council kennels. He is now back with us and minus his vaccination forms and looking decidedly thinner. However he is safe now.
We must thank Michele and Nic for getting him back and delivering him to us.
Just shows that you can't believe all that you read in some posts.
Celia and Jimmy.

I tried to copy the whole web page but was unable to. I copied their descriptions and pictures like for like to give you an Idea!

Click to see copy of their descriptions before being removed from Brown St. Website

Could you not have been patient and the dogs would have been kept together?
Can you explain why you did this to the dogs? It does not make any sense as things sounded like they were going well.

George & Morag

Thor spent the afternoon with us before going onto Baltree. What really saddened me was his ready acceptance of just walking out of Brown St and jumping into the car and then later on just jumping into Celia and Jimmy's car and settling down. It was as though his heart didn't belong to anyone, he was just being passed on again.
I so hope he finds a good home quickly and gets to bond with people and belong somewhere. He is a brilliant dog and quickly made himself at home with our 3.

As soon as I went into the kennels this morning I went to see Thor,as soon as he saw me he came over wagging his tail and what a lovely cuddle I got from him its such a shame that such a nice dog like Thor has had to go through all this,if I hadn't been fostering Lulu just now I would have taken him home to foster.

What a pair of heartless buggers

What's wrong with people! I just don't understand how someone who seems genuine in their posts could treat them both like that.
Animals have feelings....probably more feelings than some people:(
It's so sad that Thor and Lady are now seperated, I hope Lady is in a caring home and the Thor gets the right home next time.

I called Celia and Jimmy last night...I wanted to know if Thor was cat friendly....and what age he was...so far havnt heard from them...I do know they are busy folks....its dreadful that the big lad was treated like this...I hope Lady is okay as well...Some folks just make your blood boil...

Good news guys. Thor was rehomed to a nice lady today. Sorry Meg, we know that you would have made a super Mum.
Celia and Jimmy.

I am so happy that the "Big Lad" has found a home..he deserves it....Aww that news makes a nice start to the day