Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Homeless Hounds Calendar

George's Homeless Hounds calendar 2010 is now available for you to print off. It is a really lovely calendar, just as was the one that George did for 2009. This time it's even better as it gives an overview of the work that goes on at GRF and also the cover page is a lovely tribute to Glen who sadly died in 2009 after heroic efforts on his part and everyone involved in his rescue.

The picture below just shows the cover page, so to see all the rest of this great calendar you will have to print it off, it may take a while to download it to your computer, depending on your internet speed as it's a large file, but I promise you it's worth waiting for. To give you an idea it took about 50 seconds on my computer to download. Just click the link below the picture and wait for the blank screen to clear, you will be very pleased that you waited.

If you want to make a donation to GRF for the calendar that would be wonderful.

Thank you
John.

Calendar
To download the calendar click here

Re: Homeless Hounds Calendar

What a lovely calendar and it brings back memories of Glen whom I knew as Jerry. To have witnessed him near death that night and his slow but steady progress, Ill never forget his lovely face lying on my settee. Everyone at the vets fell in love with him. He is now scattered with all my other hounds.

I hope you all have a great xmas and New year. Celia and Jimmy, Red gave blood the other day so I think there will be a donation at some point from Alistair Lawrie for the blood donation. Ill make sure it goes to you when I see him next. Freya and Molly doll are doing great. Hope to see you all in the New Year xx

Hi George and Morag,
This is one brilliant calendar and we thank you so much for the time and effort that you have put in. We love the pictures and we know your rehoming record from your previous calendar. We note the first name is Rashi and we have had an enquiry regarding him already!!! Here we go again!
Thank you for all your help.
Celia and Jimmy.

Following the success of last years 2009 please choose me calendar which all dogs were re-homed.
I am pleased to say that two of the featured hounds Toots (March) and Daisy (November) have now found their forever homes.
For a while last year the hounds were re-homed in order, Maybe Rashi will be the next lucky hound to find his forever home. He has lost his kennel companion now that Gismo has been re-homed.
Watch this space for re-homing updates.
Thanks for giving Toots and Daisy their forever homes and all the other hounds not featured in the calendar.
Don't they make great pets?
Please consider one of our greyhounds, You will not regret rescuing one they are fantastic to be around.
Paws crossed that more hounds find their forever homes soon.
George, Morag, Billy & Lassie

Glad to see another hound from the calendar has found their forever home. That's 3 already
This time it is Katie. Good luck in your new home.
Who will be the next?

Hi George and Morag,
Keep it up - 9 to go.

We are over the moon to see big Rashi (the January Hound) has been re-homed. He is the 4th Hound to have found their forever home which has been featured in the Homeless Hounds Calendar, We were privileged to walk Rashi at the kennels and he was a joy to be around with such a bouncing personality. How could you ignore him?
The question again is who will be next?
The next hound in the calendar is Holly (The February Hound)could it be her?
Watch this space for updates
Thanks for giving them all a new home to enjoy their retirement.
George, Morag, Billy and Lassie

We are delighted to see Dusk and Eddie find their forever home. The two of them now make it 6 hounds re-homed from the calendar.
Thanks to Greg & Nicolai for giving them a space in their home.

The next hound who has been with us for a while is Rab, The featured dog for October in the calendar. Could he be next?
All paws crossed!!!

George, Morag, Billy and Lassie

Great News that Rab has found his forever home at last!!!!
That is now 7 from the calendar.
Thank you on his behalf
There are lots more hounds looking for their forever homes.
Who will be next?

So glad Rab has found himself a forever home. He was a favourite of mine (yes another!!) and was an excellent training partner for me!!

Well done Rab!!

Fiona

Hi Fiona,
Thanks for the good wishes for Rab we all hope he settles into his new home.
Another of the featured hounds in the calendar has now been re-homed Blackie this making a total of 8 to date so far.
I would like to wish Blackie all the best with his new family and again thank you for giving them all homes.
Thank you

good work here.

rip glen

Hi,

How do I go about purchasing a calender, I'd love one especially since my Rab(or Bruce now)is in it. Would be nice to have.

Susan xx

Hi Susan,
I have replied to you by email, If you want a copy of the calendar It can be downloaded from this thread. The link to download is on the first message of this thread below the front page picture of the calendar.
Hope that helps along with my email I sent you.
Once again thanks for giving Bruce a place in your home.
George, Morag,
Billy & Lassie our 2 hounds

Glad to see Two more hounds have found forever homes.

This time Hawk and Spot (now Nancy) are the lucky ones. From the calendar this year 10 have now found homes.

Thanks for giving the 10 so far their forever homes.

This year several months were doubled up so still 5 hounds to find their forever homes from the calendar.

One hound not In the calendar that deserves a special mention is Len, He has been with us quite a while now and would really benefit from someone who has time to spend with him in his forever home.
There must be someone who he could love.

We are pleased to to report that three more hounds from the Homeless hounds calendar have found their forever homes.

Firstly Oxo was re-homed in July and is the September hound in the calendar.
The second being Holly who was the February pin up and third is Frodo who is this Months hound is the third. It is very appropriate that Frodo should go out during August his month in the calendar.

Thank you to the new owners of Oxo, Holly and Frodo for giving them forever homes that they deserve. They were waiting patiently for their time to come for their forever homes.

This years calendar had hounds doubled up on some months 15 hounds looking for homes. I am pleased to report that 13 hounds from 15 have been re-homed leaving,

PADDY is a beautiful dark brindle boy with an absolutely gorgeous face. He walks well and is extremely friendly. He loves to be beside people, especially in their car. You must see him to fully appreciate him. Paddy is also neutered.

EZZE ( pronounced EASY ) is a fantastic blue boy. We literally cannot find a fault with him. He is loving, gentle, easy on a lead and absolutely adores people. He will make one of the best pet greyhounds that we have ever had for adoption.

Please come and see all our wonderful dogs at Baltree they make great companions and pets.

Thanks again.

Great news about Paddy! Another long term dog in our care at our Baltree kennels, to find his forever home that he deserves. A beautiful big boy. Thank You to his new owner for giving him a chance he deserves.

Paddy

The 2010 Homeless Calendar has been very successful again this year, with Paddy being
re-homed it leaves only Ezze to find his forever home, and have all the hounds re-homed from the calendar.
You must come and see him to see his glowing personality and lovely markings.

Here is a picture of him!

Ezze

EZZE ( pronounced EASY ) is a fantastic blue boy. We literally cannot find a fault with him. He is loving, gentle, easy on a lead and absolutely adores people. He will make one of the best pet greyhounds that we have ever had for adoption.
Lets hope the next time we post on this thread it is to say Ezze is re-homed.