Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lucky Number Draw - January 2010

What do you think we should do about January's draw? Would anyone who participates be opposed to a double draw taking place in February (presuming it has stopped snowing by then!!)? Meaning there will be two winners.

This month 65 numbers were sold making a prize fund of £130.00 split as £78.00 to GRF and £52.00 to the winner.

If it was agreed that we do two draws in February, the first number picked out would receive £52.00 and the next number drawn would receive whatever the winning amount was for February.

If anyone has any other suggestions as to how we can do this in as transparent manner as possible, please let us know.

Re: Lucky Number Draw - January 2010

As a neutral and as someone who does not partake in the draw, in fairness if this is the preferred option, the first ball drawn out to win January's prize must be entered back into the pot for February's draw.

I think there are two fair options;

1, do the draw as usual (we all trust you to do this fairly!) and post here who has won, or

2, do two separate draws in February - one for the missed January draw and one for the February draw.

There is a third option of going for the excitement of a rollover!!!

Provided GRF get their fair share on time I really don't mind which you go for. Keep up the good work!

Hi Fiona & Gordon
That seems very fair to me. I'd be quite happy if January's money all went to GRF. But I know there are many people who managed to persuade friends,family and work colleagues to join the bonus ball scheme, who really have no direct connections to GRF other than they believe it is money well invested to help care for the hounds who are waiting on their forever homes, so it may be fairer to these people to have 2 draws in Feb. Or perhaps just a rollover ?? Sure you'll get lots of views and just go with the majority !
Well done you two in keeping the whole thing rolling along nicely and generating a regular bonus for Celia & Jimmy & the future lucky ones, it amazing how a small idea has escalated over the past 12 months and keeps growing stronger with the help of your hard work, with every hound thats rehomed there is more investment in the draw. May it keep on progressing

I like Steve's idea of a rollover with no draw happening in Jan but a double in Feb at the walk.

Michele