Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Greyhounds Off the lead

This has gone far enough!!

To put the record straight.

Lily was rehomed to a lady, who became ill and she returned her to us under HAVEN DOG RESCUE.

Laura and Paula were working for us at the time and Laura adopted her from HAVEN DOG RESCUE, not GRF.

Paula's not perfect , but her heart is in the right place as far as the Greyhounds are concerned and she was put in a difficult situation, which you can either agree or disagree with.

This has been a very upsetting and stressful situation for a lot of poeple, please let Lily REST IN PEACE.

It's very easy to think "what if" after the event, but once again let it rest.

Re: Greyhounds Off the lead

I totally agree. I think the original thread should be frozen and let the poor wee soul rest in peace. Lets all get back to what we should be doing, caring for our dogs and supporting GRF and Union Farm Kennels in their ongoing efforts to secure homes for these hounds.

Enough is enough!!

Kaz, Pat and Ace

It was me who originally took this wee girl from her previous owner, if you can call him that, and it's an emotive subject for me as i thought i was doing what was best for her. It's not so easy for me to brush it all under the carpet. Why did Paula even tell Celia about Precious, surely she knew it would provoke a reaction. Celia and Jimmy's life revolves around their rescue dogs and no-one can question their dedication, come hail, rain or snow, they are at Baltree ...i can fully understand why Celia is upset by all that has happened as it goes against the grain for what she stands for.

I know Precious (aka Lily) had been rehomed previously but was returned when the lady was ill. I struggle to understand why she could not have been returned again!

Paula seems to have taken the brunt of all the criticism, yes she knew Lily was going to be out to sleep but she was not the one who had no conscience and took her to the vet to end her life. Why tell Celia though after the event???

We are all forgetting, whilst we are having digs at eachother that a healthy dog was put to sleep, something that is senseless to me.

If Union Farm were responsible for having Precious adopted, why oh why was an agreement not signed. I think we can all learn a lesson from this.

Was Lily the dog that came into us from the SSPCA when a lady became ill them went back to union farm

I hope not Sylvia! Precious didn't have much of a life before and i only wish i knew all of this, if it was her, as she deserved so much more.