Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Scabby Nose!

Hey wonder if anyone can help me out on this...Bambi's little nose just at the join between the black bit and her face has, since the snow began become increasingly delicate and now has 2 little scabby bits that have started to bleed on it. It doesnt seem to be bothering her (and unfortunately that means that there are still many things which she wants to hide in her bed thus making it bleed!!!)but I am not sure what to do with it. Had a look online at what products are available for what looks like a chapped nose to me and they seem very similar to what you would put on a human nose? Any suggestions as to what to put on it to help would be greatly appreciated, or should I take her to the vet? Thanks! x

Re: Scabby Nose!

my wee boy the same and was advised to put a cream with aloe vera on it to help - only trouble is he keeps licking it off (must like the taste) haha

Maybe try vaseline you can get ones with aloe vera in them and it won't be as easy to lick off, good luck

Thanks for that guys ive actually got one of those wee aloe vera vaseline tins so ill give that a shot! It actually seems a bit better today so maybe it was all linked with the snow eh?!!

If it helps I had chapped lips when it was really cold, but they're not so bad now!!

No harm in a wee bit of Vaseline - gently rubbed on the nose - however I would also say - it would be good idea also to dib a dab with a dry towel or kitchen paper towel to her nose when she comes indoors - sounds like she has been shuffling and sniffing in the snow.

If you are using a muzzle - make sure it is cleaned regularly - a wash with soapy water and a good rinse and dry will do the trick.

I use Camrosa ointment it's also waterproof,completely natural,there's an ointment remover and a hypo allergenic shampoo,the ointments been good on scabby nose and scabby ear tips,have a couple of hounds who like burying stuff with their noses,use it on them if their noses get a bit rubbed.Dermisol is another good cream.

Happy to say Bambi's nose is looking far more normal now!! Thanks very much for all your suggestions tho I feel I may require them again at a later date as sticking her head in the snow and burying items around the house are 2 things she is very keen on!!

HI JOANI
I WOULD PUT ON HER NOSE VASELINE LIKE BEEN

SUGGESTED BY THE OTHER PEOPLE YOU CAN ONLY

TRY IT.