Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dog Food

Seeing the topic "Feeding Time" reminded me of something I was going to post regarding dog food.

With the cost of Wafcol continually increasing, we started to look around to see if there was any viable alternatives on the market at considerably less cost than the Wafcol. Eventually we found a privately owned company who make Greyhound Maintenance as well as a variety of other foods for dogs and cats.

We duly got three samples of their low protein dog food and tried it out. I've never seen cleaner bowls! So some months ago we ordered a quantity of Greyhound Maintenance and Meaty Crunch Low Protein. The cost then worked out at £6.50 per 15kg bag plus delivery (about 70p per bag). The dogs enjoy it and are thrieving on it.

You can buy a couple of bags or several pallets at a time, basically the larger the order the greater the discount.

Oh and the name of the company, Mad Dog Marketing Limited (www.mymaddog.co.uk).

Neil

Re: Dog Food

Hi Niel

Is this in the Red bags.

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

No. The food comes in clear heavy duty plastic bags, labelled accordingly.

Neil

Hiya Neil,

Had a look at this web site & I have to say it's brilliant. If I've done my maths correctly when you buy 1 tonne of food (=66 15kg bags) it only costs £3.96 per bag. WOW that is superb. If you buy 17 bags it only costs £7.00 each & if you buy 33 bags the cost goes down to £6.50 per bag, 50 bags costs £6.20 per bag - it's a phenomenal saving
I'm going to try out the Meaty Crunch Low Protein 18% as recommended by you. I let you know how Brionnach & Maisie like it & it'll be very worthwhile if they're less windy

Hi Shona,

I'm sorry to disappoint but I think your calculator may have blown a diode.

The price on the website for a 1 tonne pallet of either greyhound maintenance or meat crunch is £396 exclusive of delivery. 66 bags per tonne/pallet = £6.00 per bag. Still a good saving on wafcol at £12+ per bag but regrettably not £3.96 per bag.

If you buy 5+ tonnes, the price drops to £5.80 per bag.

As to wind, I'm afraid ours are just as windy!!

Neil

HI NEIL

I FEED M Y GREY ON COUNTRY VALU MY PETSHOP

GET IT FOR ME I GET A 15KG BAG COSTING £10

NOT BAD MY DOG LIKES IT, WHAT MAKE IS THE

GREYHOUND MAINTENANCE AND CAN YOU ORDER IT OVER

FROM YOUR PETSHOP

Hi Janice,

I believe that you can only order it direct from the manufacturers.

The greyhound maintenance is their own brand and very tasty too, if the clean bowls we get from our three is anything to go by!

Neil