Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bag Packing Dundee

Just a reminder that bag packing has been organised for next Sunday (21st March) in Asda Milton in Dundee (DD4 7RX for those with sat nav!). Will be able to pack on approx 12-13 tills as we are meant to leave some free without bag packers. Best time is probably 12-4 or 5 when it starts to quieten down. I will be working anyway so ask for me at customer services (Claire Smith)

Claire

Re: Bag Packing Dundee

Hey I hadnt heard anything about this!! Im not sure at this late stage if I can make it have you got people lined up?

Sorry, do not have regular access to the internet, which is why I haven't posted. Got a couple of volunteers, but if I do not hear back from anyone else I can re-schedule.

Thanks.

Hi Claire my daughter Samara and I are coming up to the bag packing with Jimmy and Celia see you Sunday.

Nic and I will be there.
Come on Dundee folk, Claire reckons there will be maybe 12 tills to cover plus a few extra bods to give people a break. Look at how much was raised at the Dalgety Bay bagpack! It's a great opportunity we've been offered!!!

Michele

Hi Claire,
We have three volunteers confirmed as well.
The Conn family from Glenrothes have kindly agreed to come.
We still need a few more.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi guys, we are in the middle of moving house but will try to make it for a while!

Joan
Hey I hadnt heard anything about this!! Im not sure at this late stage if I can make it have you got people lined up?

Come on Joan, even an hour would be good! Besides it'll be dry at the tills and you already know where Asda is lol

Hi Claire
Ronnie and I both have the dreaded lurgy but are getting better. We hope to be able to help along with our daughter on Saturday.
Fingers crossed!

lol Michele...hey i will try to come along for a bit anyway...may as well cos the chances of me finding the next walk r fairly slim lol...and true it will be dry so no need for the waterproof mascara...lol...no seriously I will try to get along at some point between 12 and 4/5 guys x

ps is asda the big pointy one??? Joke joke I do know where it is lol

Great stuff! I should be able to get buckets at work for collecting if someone can print things off to put on them? just need to write what we're raising money for (and a cute picture would probably go down well!)
Claire

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Lets hope we make lots of lovely lolly. x

Hi Claire,
We have lots of collecting tins if you want us to bring them.
Looking forward to Sunday.
Celia and Jimmy.

Yeah the collection tins would be very handy thanks! See you all tomorrow

hi will be there tomorrow with all the family thats four or 5 of us

Sorry I never made it today guys hope that it all went well and lots of money was raised!!

Re: Bag Packing Dundee. Total amount raised £562.87

Hi everyone,
Greyhound Rescue Fife would like to thank the precious few who volunteered yesterday at the bag pack at Asda Milton Dundee. We are delighted to inform everyone that the total raised was a magnificent £562.87 a very big thank you from all of our resident hounds in the kennels.
A big thank you also goes to all our helpers on housekeeping duties at the kennels yesterday and indeed everyday without them we would not be able to save so many hounds. Our kennels are always full and the more hands we have helping make shorter and lighter work for everyone.
Again on behalf of G.R.F we would also like to thank the shoppers of Asda Milton in Dundee for their generosity in helping our resident hounds.
George, Morag and our hounds Billy & Lassie

WOW, I didn't think it would be anywhere near that. It was a good afternoon and great to have a brew and chat in McD afterwards

Michele

Hi there guys, well done to you all who took part in the bag pack. Sorry we couldn't be there i am still ill and there is no way we could have made it. We will definately be at the next one, infact we will apply for Asda at Dunfermline.
Come on guys lets all apply to our local stores it would be a great income for GRF.

Aw well done guys thats fab!! And once again my apologies for not being able to make it sounds like I missed out on a good day x

Didn't we do well. I think that's a fantastic amount for an afternoons work. I was on the till next to Jimmy, I always thought that men were rubbish at packing shopping but he looked like he was doing a great job. Do you think we should send a "thank you" letter to ASDA. You never know they might let us do it again later in the year.If we can make that amount with only a few people think what we could make with more packers. x

Celia and Jimmy would like to thank the tiny band who bag packed for the dogs for four hours without a break. Well done guys, a monumental task with a terrific end product. A few very sore legs today but the dogs thank you.
Thanks too, to Claire for organising this for us and thanks to the management at Asda for allowing the event to take place.