Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Nikki

Hi folks
Just thought i would put up a wee post. We went on the leven walk on sunday with Yogi, walk was great but we went with one grey and left with two . We adopted Nikki a really braw wee girly who we just could not resist. She seems to be settling in ok so far, she is very exciteable though . Very puppy like although she is only two, she is very cuddley and loves attention. Yogi does'nt quite konw how to take her yet but they are getting on ok .

There was a wee incident when she was jumping all over Yogi and he decided that would not do, so he put her right in her place to which she accepted so things look like they will work out .

A big thankyou to Ceila and Jimmy for letting us take this beautiful wee girly home. We will give her the home she deserves and i dont think it will take her long to rule the roost .

Re: Nikki

Im glad Nikki is settling in, when she was living with us in foster care she used to get lively at times like a puppy especially when it was time to go for a walk,but she is still very young so she will have to be told by you to calm down with a raised voice that used to help when we had her

Thanks Angela,
We have been stern with her as we know she will need this to settle down, sometimes though she is so cute like butter would'nt melt .

But i think she will settle fairly quickly as soon as i can work it out i will post some pics .

Aw glad to hear your first night went ok for you all!! She really does seem adorable and Im sure you will all be wondering how you managed without her soon!! Can't wait to see the pics!! x

That reminds me Joan, you still only have the one greyhound don't you?

Congrats on the new arrival. Puppyish behaviour - Vince is 7 and still needs calming down at times hehehe. Have fun and enjoy the privelege of being allowed to share home space with a couple of greys.

Just don't start on that one Gary!!!!lol Was sorely tempted this weekend...

Pal is still there Joan!! Hehe! I think him and Bambi are well suited!! Lol!!

Awww Joan you always say that! Who did you have your eye on?

I had a good long look at little Pal at the weekend he is a sweetheart! It makes my head and my heart all traumatised trying to work out what to do!!!lol

Joan
Just go for it lol.
A wee update Nikki is settling in fine we are getting there with training, it will take time but hey we got plenty lol.
Yogi getting better with her they shared a bed the other night, but she is slowly getting on top of him wee growls and barking at him when he was in his/her bed .
Other than that they get on just fine she is really sooky and tries to get up on your lap, i think
forgetting she is a 27 kg grey and not a jack russel
Laura and I think she has a collie like face and the bounceyness of a jack russel so we have nicked named her the Jackollie Hound .

Hi just wondered how Nikki is we all still miss her in her foster home she is such a cheeky fun loving dog and full of life.

Hi Angela,

Nikki is doing great!! She certainly is cheeky - im surprised she never phoned to tell you how she is doing because she has decided the telephone should live in her bed!! She also thinks she is the andrex puppy, she takes the toilet roll and drags it all about the house!!

She is super cuddly, she really does think she is the size of a Jack Russell and she will fit on your lap!! She tries her hardest to get there!

She was in to get spayed today and is very very sore, she is feeling very sorry for herself (and i dont blame her). Dougie had to carry her up the stairs tonight and she has currently taken occupancy of our bed!

Hopefully, we will see you at Baltree soon or the next walk, so you can see her again!

Well done on the new addition.

I remember last year just going for a visit to the kennels to let Celia & Jimmy see how Jake was getting on and surprise surprise ended up coming home with Greyhound number 3 Noah - I just couldnt resist - and Celia is so good at matching dogs to people - TOO GOOD INFACT x