Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ashley and Lassie

Our friends came along to the dog show on Sunday for the first time on Sunday with their daughter Ashley .
When they arrived Ashley was excited seeing the pony's in the field.
Ashley had never been to a Greyhound show before or perhaps been close to a Greyhound had a time of her life, at this wonderful family show.
Our Lassie and Ashley bonded instantly and the two of them entered as many classes as they could and came 4th in the Best Junior Handler.
We were all delighted with our champions on the day.
This partnership was good news all round as I was busy taking the photographs for the show and Morag was watching Billy. Ashley was Lassie's foster mum for the day.
Another example of how the right dog can adapt from a racing career to that of a retired pet and a life of luxury like our Lassie now 6 years old) Her racing name being Hayfield Lass.

Thank you Ashley for helping to win Lassie's prize.
She might not have one but you are both our champions!

Here are some more pictures of Ashley with Lassie

Click here to see more pictures of Ashley and Lassie

Re: Ashley and Lassie

It was great to see all the kids there esp. in Junior Handler. To get them respecting animals from a young age is great. Nic's 3 kids have all spoken in school about GRF and greyhounds. I remember Joan saying her ?niece was getting rather knowledgable.
Well done Ashley!

Michele

IT WAS ASHLEY AND MY PLEASURE TO SPEND THE DAY IN YOU AND YOUR DOGGIES COMPANY WE WILL TREASURE THE DAY AND HOPE YOUR DOGS ARE THINKING OF US !!! THEY HOLD A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS!!! AS DO ALL THE DOGS

Yeh it was my god daughter who had learnt all about greys instincts regarding a nasty incident on the beach and despite the little dog that had been involved in the incident belonging to one of her friends she was able to understand that the dog had been acting on his instinct and that the human involved was the one at fault - dont you just love that kids can understand that better than adults sometimes!!lol I think that its fab that kids get involved with any dogs but especially the greys as their understanding of the hounds plights can help to change things for them in the future. I always find with Bambi that kids will come up and ask why she has a muzzle on (or usually "that funny thing on her face" lol) and then you can explain whereas adults tend to just make their own assumptions!! So lets hear it for the kids!!

By the way the pictures of Ashley and Lassie are gorgeous!!

Hi George

Are there anymore pictures of the Gala day?

Dena, Ian & Kyla

Hi Ian & Dana
All pictures and video are in the post Virtual dog show.
George & Morag

If you were on there already the links got a bit mixed up when I posted. But have put new links on to help!