Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tragedy.

Forth, Jack and Suzy came to Baltree today for their regular run in the long paddocks. They played in the runs for a wee while with Domino. Their mummy and daddy then took them back to their car and noticed that Suzy was in distress. We took her into the kennels and cooled her with electric fans and wet towels, but, we soon realised she was not well. Celia put her into her car and she and Ben rushed her to the vet but unfortunately she died in the car. We believe it was some kind of heat exhaustion. The other three dogs are all fine.
Our deepest sympathies go to Lyndsey and Ben, two of the kindest people we've ever had the pleasure of rehoming to.
Run free over Rainbow Bridge beautiful Suzy.
A very sad Celia and Jimmy.

Re: Tragedy.

So sorry to read this. Our sympathies and thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

I'm so sorry to hear this, such sad news. Deepest sympathies at this sad time.
Susan xx

Such sad news really sorry to hear - sympathies with u all at this time xx

I'm really sorry to hear your sad news. My thoughts are with you.

such sad news thoughts go out to you

Hi Guys,
Since Suzy walked back to her car with Forth and Jack and jumped in, we are coming to the conclusion that an underlying problem must have caused it. She regularly used the runs but didn't do very much this time, suggesting that the above may be true. Forth and Jack were hardly out of breath.
Still it was a very sad thing to happen. However she was on her favourite playpark.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi everyone and thank you for your kind comments.

Suzy was a very special part of our little family and I simply cannot put into words how much she will be missed. She kept the boys in check and always put a smile on our faces.

She was and always will be our little princess and she will forever be in her hearts.

We will miss you our little Suz dog.

Lyndsey and Ben,
We were gutted to hear of your sad loss of Suzy at Baltree Yesterday. We had the pleasure of knowing Suzy's glowing company while she was in kennels and she was adorable.
Thank you for giving her a loving home that she deserved in her retirement.
Give Forth and Jack big Cuddles they will help you with your loss, as will time. Take care.

Run Free Over Rainbow Bridge Suzy

George, Morag, Billy & Lassie

Please click the link below for an animation video that we would like to dedicate to Suzy.
Rainbow Bridge Animation

Hi, We are really sorry to hear your sad news. Our thoughts are with you at this difficult time.

Karen, John, Quincy

HI,
So so sorry for your loss our deepest sympathies to you and the pups. Suzi was a lovely litlw girl and she will be sadly missed .

Dougie, Laura and the hairy children

Many thanks again for your kind comments.

Although they always bring tears to our eyes your support is greatly appreciated.

The Rainbow Bridge dedication was very kind and little Suz can now run and run until her little heart is content, she always enjoyed her visits for a run in the paddocks.

As Jimmy pointed out it is likely that it was more than just simply heat exhaustion for our little girl and we had noticed some little changes in her in the past month.

The one and only positive we can take from the little ones passing is that we can now give another little greyhound a loving forever retirement home (if, of course, they can put up with grumpy Forth and the ever cuddling Jack!)

Although I'm not known to you all, I'd like to express my deepest sympathies, knowing only too well the pain of losing a dear hound. My thoughts are with you.

I am so sorry to hear the sad news on Suzi - my thoughts are with you at this sad time

Thanks again for the kind comments :-)

We receive Suzy's ashes yesterday so we are all happy that she is again back home with us. Forth had been feeling and looking particularly low recently but he is back to his old self now that Suzy is home. We were slightly worried that he was really struggling with the loss of Suz but I guess his mood was just reflecting our own. We have made up a little Suzy box with all her favourite things in it and it has a black and white speckled lid to match her beautiful coat. She will never be forgotten.

We would also like to let you know that we now have a new female in the house as we have given a home to little Thelma (of Thelma & Louise fame!). We have re-named her Minnie and she is settling in just fine. She is already giving the boys the run-around and is so small she can actually run right under big Forth dog!!

It was probably the hardest yet at the same time easiest decision we have had to make and as I mentioned before it was the only good thing that could come from little Suzy's passing.

We would like to give a big thanks to everyone that has supported us through this tough time, particularly Jimmy and Celia who have been amazing and without them I'm not sure we would have coped.