Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
opportunity to show some of our fantastic dogs

The Scottish Open Whippet Derby on 24th&25July wil be held in Randolph Park Kirkcaldy.Racing starts 12.30on Saturday with the heats and finishes with the finals on Sunday.It would be good if we could show our dogs on both days,again we would have our dogs muzzled & harnessed and in the interest of safety kept at areasonable distance from the racing itself,not that our dogs dont know how to behave,on the last show they were without a doubt the best behaved there.Hope to have a folder with a selection of GRF dogs that need their forever home.Please try to help us show these wonderful dogs and all play apart in rehoming the best dogs in the world bert mccurdy

Re: opportunity to show some of our fantastic dogs

Hi Bert - I might be able to help will just have to check my shifts at work and see if I can arrange the time off - as I'm the manager don't think it will be too hard. Will get back to you on Monday if that's ok.

Count us in for Sunday

Hi Bert

Count us in for the Sunday. Will it be same arrangement as before? i.e. we head up to Baltree and take dogs down in our own cars?

Cheers

Ben & Lyndsey

Hi Ben&Lyndsey, If could meet at Baltree between 10 &10.30 to help sort out the dogs and and try to be at Randolph Park no later than 11.30.Thank you for volunteering to help rehome the dogs in this way. bert

Bert

I have been asking around with regards to this weekends Whippet meeting and from what I can gather it is quite a large event?

Lyndsey and I would be quite happy to take 2 dogs (more if that was at all possible!) as this seems like a great opportunity to make people aware of GRF, the great work Celia and Jimmy do and of course to hopefully get some of the Greys rehomed.

We only had Blue (lovely boy and glad he has found his forever home) last time but are certainly happy to take more this time.

See you all Sunday

Ben & Lyndsey (+ Forth, Jack and Minnie)

Ben
In the past the Open Derby started the heats on the Wed. and ran thro tothe finals on the Sunday, people came from as far as Devon and all overEngland to race at the Open Derby. Iam told that there are upwards of 600-700 people attend theDerby and remembering that a lot have come from Greyhound background and are very sympathetic to the work that is done in rehoming these fantastic dogs. It depends on how many volunteers we have, forthe number of dogs we can safely handle, again we must leave the numbers and which dogs to Celia &Jimmy there is no-one who knows the dogs better than they do. Like youself Ithink this is a great opportunity to show our dogs and highlight the work at Baltree.
If you have aharness bring it along.
thanks again for volunteering
bert

Bert,

I reckon one dog per person would be fine. I also reckon that if Sunday is the finals then that would be the best day, so we'll be there on Sunday. Just like last time that'll be me and Julie and we can take two dogs in our car. Hopefully it will stay dry for us!

Let me know when you want us up at Baltree.

Hi Steve
If wecould meet at Baltree between 10& 10.30 sortout the dogs &be at Randolph Park no later than 11.30, racing starts 12.30 So far everybody has volunteered for the Sunday& nobody for Saturday. Iam able to go both days my daughter will come up to help but obviously this limits the number of dogs we could take.There will be stalls selling whippet merchandise,if we could set up a table with some of our mugs &brass keyrings,I need a home posters and more importantly a folder with every dog that we have in our kennels, some collecting cans.I feel that Saturday will be very busy as the bulk of the racing will be done then. Hope theweather is kind to us over the week end.
bert

Bert,

My dad has made a couple of folders with the dogs in for you. Also some more "I need a home posters". There at the kennels for you.

Samara
That,s great Samara. The idea is to let others know that we look after and care for 48 dogs not just the handful that they see with I need a home jackets on
Thank your Dad for me
Bert

Hi Bert,
Alan Scott has made up an excellent folder with details of every one of our dogs in it.
He made it especially for you and is available at the kennels for you to pick up.
Celia and Jimmy.

Hi Bert,
Celia, Jimmy and the dogs would like to thank you and all your helpers for kindly donating your time and efforts over the two days.
The good word has been well spread and the fantastic sum of £200.60 has been collected to help our dogs.
Thank you all for a mammoth job carried out brilliantly.
Celia, Jimmy and all the dogs.