Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
dog

after years of yearning for a dog im now in a position to have one and have just found out i cant adopt a greyhound as i have a cat truly dissapointed.

Re: dog

It is not impossible Lisa but very difficult. We have rehomed to homes with a cat, but, we have to have the right dog available at the time.
Celia and Jimmy.

Although you must be disappointed Lisa, Celia and Jimmy were thinking of your cat. If they rehomed you a dog they weren't sure of and it went for your cat how would you be feeling then?
Greyhounds have been bred for hundreds if not thousands of years to chase and instinct just doesn't disappear. We have 2 greyhounds, one which just looks at cats and wanders on, the other is so so different.
This instinct is also why Celia and Jimmy stress the dangers of letting a dog off the lead in an unsecure area.
Their knowledge of the dogs to be rehomed should be respected for both the dog's and the potential owner's sake.

Michele

Hi Lisa

Great news you want to adopt a Greyhound. Hang in there - I'm sure when Celia and Jimmy have one who's "cat friendly" and who's the right dog for you, you'll get a chance.

When we adopted ours, we had one or two on the website in mind we liked the look of but after chatting to us about our lifestyle, family, house and garden etc, Celia and Jimmy recommended Shandy and they couldn't have chosen a better dog for us. He was followed by Nell, also chosen by Celia and Jimmy, who is just as perfect. We then decided on a third and I had a particular dog in mind who I had fallen in love with meeting him at the kennels, but Celia suggested Missie instead, who would fit in with Shandy and Nell much better, and she has chosen very wisely for us as Missie is perfect too.

Good luck!
Sally

I have two greyhounds who live with a cat,both came from celia and jimmy.I do everything that Celia had adviced me to do and i've had Bella 3 years and Niall a year.Hang in there becouse the right dog will come along,but it really does need to be the right dog.Celia is very good at picking out the right dog for you.

Hi

My girl Lassie who is a greyhound has been living with cats since she arrived here 9 years ago, from Give A Greyhound A Greyhound A Home, another Greyhound Rescue.

I have emailed you some useful info.

Cheers