Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cassie (AKA Lass)

Just wanted to let you know that Cassie (AKA Lass) appears to have settled into her new home pretty quickly. It's early days but she's doing great and we're loving having her around ... although she does have a penchant for tea towels

Thank you very much for letting us take her home ... we have a few people interested in meeting her and I'm sure she'll be a great ambassador for Greyhound Rescue Fife ... we'll be sure to pass on your details to any more prospective owners.

Pam

Re: Cassie (AKA Lass)

I was really pleased to hear Lass (Cassie) had found her forever home. Glad she has settled in so well - even though she seems to be keeping you on your toes with her tea towel fetish!!

Wishing you all many happy years together.

Great to hear Cassie is settling in well. Luv that she has a tea towel fetish, . You may find that she starts stealing all sorts of things. When I adopted Maisie from Celia & Jummy if something went missing the 1st place I looked was her bed - phones, ornaments, shoes, dish clothes, pyjamas, slippers . . the list goes on

Great news that Cassie is settling in well. Quincy stole all johns winter hats and gloves and even had an umbrella one day i came home. He doesnt chew them just cuddles them in. I think hes expecting bad weather hehe. She will bring endless happy moments its the best and most rewarding thing we have done.
Karen, john and quincy

Thought I would update everyone on Cassie and her life with us.

She is totally settled in now and into her new routine. We are currently teaching her how to play and she loves tearing the garden grass up while sprinting on her own wee 'track'.

Currently walking her four times a day for 30mins per walk (ish) and she still always wants out for more walks. Never refuses to go out, but doesn't want to go home!
Incredibly nosey and can't walk past something which looks interesting, but i guess that's just females all over...lol

She is very well mannered, doesn't enter the bedroom and doesn't steal food from the table (we still keep eyes open and don't tempt her, but she is a perfect angel at meal times).

She has been to the vet a couple of times. Once to get spayed, chipped and teeth cleaned (we discovered the GSOD and the poor thing took a week to forgive us)
and once to have a tick removed (teach her to keep sticking her nose into everything).

She loves people, likes dogs and really wants to chase cats.

Most importantly, she is happy and has added a load of love and happiness to our home.

Barry

Thanks for the update. It looks like Cassie has definitely found herself a brilliant new home. I checked her picture out on the "Lucky Ones" page. She's gorgeous. Hope you have many happy years together.

Just wanted to celebrate ... it's six months tomorrow (Sat) since Cassie came home to stay with us and it has been the best 6 months ever.

She's not a typical greyhound, she's a task master who never lets us off walkies and always wants more ... the result is two much fitter/slimmer owners, she's definitely the dog we needed and we couldn't imagine not having her around

I can't wait for spring/summer ... it's going to be brilliant

Thanks to all at GRF for the work you do in saving these fantastic dogs.