Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Beware Bees!

I have a seasonal reminder for all hound owners – Beware of grounded bees!

While out for our walk the other night Breeze managed to stand on and be stung by a bee. I was able to get the sting out of her paw immediately, but unfortunately the damage was already done and poor Breeze decided she would go no further, she promptly lay down and demanded a cuddle - I’ve stood on a bee myself and was able to sympathise.

With no hope of being able to carry a 20kg Lurcher home I had to call for reinforcements (the other half) – and very soon Breeze was safely in the back of the car and whisked home in less than five minutes. She gamefully hobbled from the car to her bed and was very patient as I gave her paw a good clean with salt water and a squoosh of antiseptic spray, warning her not to lick it. Accepting a biscuit as a reward she curled up into a ball and went to sleep.

Half an hour later she got up and asked out, after doing her business and having her usual post walk maddie (which involves five or six mad, barking circuits around the garden) she was obviously none the worse.

Then what do I catch her doing? Yup, chasing a bee – bonkers!

We’re hoping to be at the Walk on Sunday.

Louise & Breeze

Re: Beware Bees!

Hi Louise,
Poor wee Breeze. We're so glad that she is feeling better.
She'll get lots of cuddles at tomorrow's walk.
Celia and Jimmy.