Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Adopting a Greyhound (or two!)

Just trying to get hold of someone to have a chat about adopting a couple of greyhounds. Not sure when you are open (I appreciate you must be very busy )as i cant get a reply on the land line

Anyway up until a year ago we used to share our life with an Irish Wolfhound, but sadly he succumbed to bone cancer.

We are now very interested in living with dogs again and have decided to adopt, rather than buy another puppy.

From what I have read i feel i know the greyhound character well as it is very similar to a Wolfhound.

My contact details are 07920452050

Re: Adopting a Greyhound (or two!)

Hi Alistair,

So pleased your wanting to enquire about greyhounds .. You won't regret it, they make lovely pets ... Celia and Jimmy will tell you all you need to know about the breed .. I noticed in your post you had a wolfhound, one of our ex racers got homed with a wolfhound :) If you phone Celia and jimmy at night time you'll get a reply as they're out at the kennels through the day :)
I wish you well if you decide to get a grey and well done for deciding on a dog rather than a puppy you'll make great parents :)
regards,
Lulu

Thanks Lulu - is there a 'best' time to phone them, or shall i just keep trying in the evening?

Hi,
The best thing is to email Celia and Jimmy if you can't get them on the phone and as Lulu said night time is usually the best time to get them.
Greyhounds make wonderful pets. I adopted Bruce in March and we had a few wee teething problems, nothing major but he seemed a wee bit sad. Three weeks ago I adopted Morgan and the two of them are as happy as larry together. Best thing I ever did was adopting a friend for him. From my own experience I'd recommend adopting two greys but Celia and Jimmy are the best ones to talk to. They're great people and they know the dogs inside out. Good luck with your upcoming adoption, it's always nice to see the dogs getting their forever homes :)
Susan

I agree with both posts above. I think the best time is after 8pm and onwards. I spoke to them a few days ago at 10:30 and they were just in, so just keep trying. If leave a message they will get back to you and also if you send an email

We adopted two dogs from them in February (Eddie and Dusk) and it has been a great experience even if maybe a bit overwhelming at times, but we never had dogs before. With your experience I would think you will be absolutely fine. They really are great pets and very loving.