Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Does your greyhound hate the rain?

I would like to say hello and introduce myself. I recently adopted Barry from Celia and Jimmy and he is one fantastic dog (but we are all biased about our own dogs aren't we???) I volunteer up the kennels for celia and jimmy and really love it:)

Well it was pouring rain last night when I took my boy out for a walk. He was even togged up with his raincoat on. However halfway up the street he refused point blank to move any further and turned round in the direction of home !! Well I guess that I'm not the only one who doesn't like the rain lol.

It got me wondering wether anyone else has a greyhound like mines too......

Re: Does your greyhound hate the rain?

yeap my lurcher hates the rain if its raining he will only go out quickly do the toilet and run right back inside and snuggle up in his bed much like his dad

Our girl Cassie, doesn't seem to care what the weather is ... if we put on our shoes it means she's going out and she's welded to our side till the lead goes on. She will actually slow down if it looks like we're heading for home

Ace hates heavy rain. If its only light he will go out with his coat on or go in the garden to do his business.

But if its pouring hard - forget it - he aint budging LOL

Karen, Pat and Ace

lol.ooooh that sounds so familiar,i have 1 old collie who happily goes out no matter what the weather,however the hounds kayla,ellie,pharaoh and jet DO NOT do any kind of rain from a light shower to heavy. it`s no,no,no we`re not going out in that no matter how good the coats are.they use those long noses to check the weather before stepping out of the door. it`s a greyhound thing.lol

I think Barry has much in common with most greys but I have one, Kim (Stourvalley King,Irish extraction raced in Essex) who just loves to run in the rain. He may not be too keen to put his nose out the door but, give him a big open grassy space in the rain and he runs in huge circles, just for the sheer joy of it. He's the most beautiful athlete, even at 9 years of age, and one of life's gentlemen. A run in the rain followed by vigorous rubbing with a towel, particularly the head and ears, is just great!

If it's cold, windy and wet neither of ours will venture outside unless absolutely desperate.

Freya will go out in anything else, heavy rain included. Vince, being the lovable hooligan wimp that he is, doesn't mind light rain but anything else makes him want to head for home - at flat out greyhound speed with human firmly attached to his lead.

Bambi not keen on rain (any variety!lol) also wind,ice (fluffy snow she likes as she can use her muzzle to throw it at me...),cold weather in general and not fond of the dark!! Also not keen on very hot days as walking in that requires a lot of effort! When I think about it there are not many days where the weather meets Bambi's requirements!!!lol x ps also HATES thunder!!!

We have 3 hounds and when its raining they get to the bottom of the stairs look out the door and look at us like we have horns, then its a quick run back up the stairs and back to bed lol