Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Archie and Sweetie

Hi Celia and Jimmy

So glad to see that Archie and Sweetie have finally been rehomed, we're really excited for them! We met them both when we got Lama and Lucy, so it was great to see them on the 'Lucky Ones' page.

All the best
Steven, Elaine, Lama and Lucy

Re: Archie and Sweetie

Hi Steven and Elaine,
Yes, they have gone together to Falkirk.
It was great seeing you all at Sunday's walk.
Celia and Jimmy.

Congratulations Archie & Sweetie !! So pleased for you and your new owners.

Sadly, Archie and Sweetie returned today.
The new owners felt that they were not happy in their house.
We must try again for the two beautiful dogs.
Celia and Jimmy.

What's wrong with some people???? It's ridiculous to expect dogs to settle and feel secure instantly, especially if they've been in a home before. I would say more, but this is a family forum.

We were down at the kennels today and I feel so sorry for Archie and Sweetie! Normally they're tail wagging and saying hello but Sweetie didn't even get out her bed. Archie we got a wee hello from. I really wish we were able to take them.

Michele

This is so sad to hear, people need to realise the commitment they are making when rehoming a dog. These dogs have been through so much in their little lives that its no wonder they may seem quiet and unsure in their new environment. Really sad to hear this.

Karen

Really sad news. Poor Archie and Sweetie.

Oh poor darlings. Do they not realise it takes time and patience and love for dogs to settle into a new home. I can honestly say it was a good few months before we really felt that Ace was fully settled and it wasnt until then that his true character shone through.

Hope Archie and Sweetie find their forever home soon. I only wish we had room for more.

Karen, Pat and a big lick from Ace

celia and jimmy

The new owners felt that they were not happy in their house.

I am sure the new owners had been informed about the acclimatisation process before adopting the two dogs. It is so sad that some people give up without giving their new dogs enough time to get used to their new environment...

Poor archie and sweetie they are such loves. Bambi took a while, as I think most rescue dogs generally do not just greyhounds, to settle in and they just need a bit of a chance...shame. But it obviously wasn't meant to be and the perfect forever home is hopefully just around the corner for them both - keeping my fingers crossed for them x

I truly cannot believe that poor Archie and Sweetie have been let down, after being so happy that they had apparently been re-homed. We're both absolutely gutted for them, but hope someone will come along soon and offer them a loving home.

All the best
Steven and Elaine

How awful for Archie and Sweetie - each time a dog goes out just to come back again must be traumatic for them. I just wish I could take two, but my circumstances aren't right at the moment. Also got a cat and 2 cockatiels. But one day all the boxes will be ticked and I will be found.

I agree entirely it takes months for dogs to settle. I was lucky enough to get Georgie and Lucie back in the middle of July. It is really only now that they are truly relaxed at home and with me. I'm sure they'd been through many hands and they don't give up their true self's immediately. Equally it has taken me as much time to properly engage with them. I could have thought a number of times 'this isn't working' but would have regarded that as me failing them. You cannot expect things to be as they were after introducing two big dogs into your life. Mines are asleep now after a long walk along the coast in the wind, a wander amongst the shingle and grass and a bit of a paddle. They loved it, so did I. I'm glad I persevered, I can't imagine being without them.

I agree wholeheartedly with John,to often it is not that the dogs fail us,it is more that we fail them.

SP SAD TO HEAR ABOUT ARCHIE AND SWEETIE
COMING BACK AFTER BEING REHOMED TOGETHER
SOME PEOPLE DONT GIVE THEM TIME TO SETTLE IN
HAD MY NEW GREY SIX WEEKS NOW AND HE IS JUST
STARTED TO COME ROUND AND HIS PERSONALITY IS
NOW COMING OUT HOPE ITS NOT TOO LONG BEFORE
THEY ARE REHOMED TOGETHER FINGERSM CROSSED.

I really feel for these two. When im in on a Tuesday i always make sure i spend a little bit of extra time with them.They both love a cuddle and always happy to see you.
They really need a forever home.
They are two great dogs and yes,i do have a bit of a soft spot for them.
I feel so sorry for them.