Fife Greys Forum

This is the place to chat about your rescued Greyhound.

Fife Greys Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Oxo

Just a wee update about how Oxo is settling in. It's been 3 months now since Oxo came to stay with us and what a joy he is. At first he was a bit shy and nervous but soon his lovely personality started to shine through. He is such a handsome, loving, affectionate dog and full of fun. He has met many new friends and adores our lurcher, Abbi. He has also had a recent makeover, which included a microchip and a dental scale and polish and is now the recipient of fresh breath and pearly white teeth. This new makeover has clearly impressed Abbi (shown by the amount of extra kisses Oxo has been receiving as a result of this! haha). Mind you, this new look has also made Oxo into a bit of a mischief as he will occasionally try and impress Suzi the labrador next door by smiling at her and showing off his pearly whites (at which time distraction techniques come very much into play - and I must admit he's getting better). Nightly teeth cleaning sessions are also going well, progressing from applying toothpaste onto gums with a finger to now using a toothbrush!! (and with a bit of luck maybe Santa will bring an electric one! haha). Unfortunately we have encountered one little mishap - in a moment of madness Oxo managed to break one of his nails and had to be taken to the vet to have the nail removed. Naturally, he was feeling a bit sorry for himself at this time and was given antibiotics and painkillers to ease his discomfort. This has not stopped him from leaping about though and he is visiting the vet tonight just to check that his toe has properly healed. I want to thank Jimmy & Celia for the opportunity of adopting Oxo as he has brought so much joy into our lives. I have posted some pictures of Oxo settling into our home on Page 40 and also our caravan holiday to Luss on Page 43 on the Post Your Pics for you to look at and I will keep you all regularly updated about Oxo's progress. One last thing, as I am new to forum life I hope I manage to post this message successfully!

Bye for now

Gwen

Re: Oxo

Hi,

Fantastic to hear Oxo has landed on his paws. He was a lovely soul I used to like sneaking into his kennel for cuddles. Lovely to hear he has his happy ending. Thanks for the update - off to look at the photo's now.